Blue Cross Canada
|Headquarters||Canada (Head Office - Toronto)|
|Products||travel and health insurance|
|Revenue||greater than $2 billion CAD (2000)|
The Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans (CABCP) is an association of 7 regional not-for-profit health and travel insurance providers in Canada. The first Blue Cross Plan was offered to residents of Manitoba in 1939. The association is headquartered in Etobicoke, Ontario.
Blue Cross Canada is linked to Blue Cross Blue Shield Association through International Federation of Health Funds.
List of Blue Cross Member Plans
- Pacific Blue Cross (BC and Yukon) - Burnaby, BC
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross (Saskatchewan) - Saskatoon (c. 1946)
- Alberta Blue Cross (Alberta and Northwest Territories) - Edmonton, AB
- Manitoba Blue Cross (Manitoba and Nunavut) - Winnipeg
- Ontario Blue Cross (Ontario) - Toronto
- Quebec Blue Cross (Quebec) - Montreal
- Medavie Blue Cross - Moncton, NB - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador (c. 1943)
- "." Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans — About Us
- Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans — Regional Plans