Blue Letter Bible
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2011)|
The Blue Letter Bible Project is an initiative of Sowing Circle—a non-denominational Christian ministry—to create a Study Bible in both CD format and for the internet. It was founded in November 1995. The Project supports 12 English Bible translations, Hebrew and the Septuagint for the Old Testament, and the Greek Textus Receptus and Westcott-Hort versions for the New Testament. Integrated study tools include Gesenius' Lexicon for the Old Testament, and Thayer's Lexicon for the New Testament, as well as English and Strong's Concordances for the entire Bible. Over 2000 Bible Commentaries are also present.
The Blue Letter Bible (BLB) Project has three ongoing initiatives as of November 2006:
- The BLB CD for gratis distribution to missionaries, pastors and students, with over 100,000 CDs distributed.
- The BLB website for online Bible study does have 3 adverts on the right hand sidebar. Over 3,500,000 hyperlink cross-references are present, and over 375,000 pages views are distributed (daily average 3rd quarter 2006).
- The BLB Institute for structured Biblical studies, under free registration, with over 28,000 registered students in 3rd quarter 2006.
Distribution of BLB content
- BLB CD
- Calvary Chapel Magazine, a publisher and affiliate ministry of Calvary Chapel, has distributed over 45,000 BLB CDs to their readership (missionary emphasis), with worldwide distribution.
- Koinonia House, publishers of Personal Update, (distribution over 100,000 monthly) offers free distribution of the BLB CD to their subscribers.
- BLB Website
Reviews of the Blue Letter Bible
- Blue Letter Bible review by Philip Wilson of the University of Southampton
- Blue Letter Bible review by USC (University of Southern California) Libraries
- The Blue Letter Bible by Rubén Gómez, webmaster, Bible Software Review
- Koinonia House Online - Your Personal Library
- Sight Magazine, Blue Letter Bible, by James Crook
- Introducing the Blue Letter Bible - free instructional videos on YouTube
- The Blue Letter Bible on iPhone
- "Best iPhone Bible app contender: Blue Letter Bible". 2011-01-06. Archived from the original on 2011-08-18. Retrieved 2011-08-26. "The BLB app is part of the larger Blue Letter Bible project."