Blue Line (Yokohama)
Yokohama Subway 3000 series train at Kannai Station, November 2007
|System||Yokohama Municipal Subway|
|Line number||1 & 3|
|Opening||December 16, 1972|
|Owner||Yokohama Municipal Subway|
|Rolling stock||3000 series|
|Line length||40.4 km (Line 1: 19.7 km, Line 3: 20.7 km)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||750 V DC, third rail|
The Yokohama Blue Line (ブルーライン Burū Rain ) is a 40.4 km (25.1 mi) line in the Yokohama Municipal Subway system of Yokohama, Japan, operated by Yokohama City Transportation Bureau. Line 3 runs from Azamino to Kannai, and Line 1 runs from Kannai to Shōnandai. All the trains join these two lines.
- 3000 series (since 1992)
All trains are based at Kaminagaya and Nippa Depots.
|This Section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
The first section of the line opened between Isezakichōjamachi and Kami-Ōoka on December 16, 1972. The subsequent progress of the line was as follows:
- September 4, 1976: The line is extended in both directions. It now runs between Kami-Nagaya and Yokohama. Through service begins between lines 1 and 3.
- March 14, 1985: The line is extended in both directions again. It now runs between Maioka and Shin-Yokohama.
- May 24, 1987: The line is extended from Maioka to a temporary Totsuka station.
- August 27, 1989: The permanent Totsuka station opens.
- March 18, 1993: The line is extended from Shin-Yokohama to Azamino.
- August 29, 1999: The line is extended from Totsuka to Shōnandai. Shin-Yokohama-Kita station becomes Kita-Shin-Yokohama station.
From fiscal 2014, limited-stop "Express" or "Rapid" services are scheduled to be introduced on the line, with approximately two services operating per hour. Journey times over the entire length of the line are expected to be reduced by 12 minutes from the 1 hour 7 minutes taken by all-stations services.
- "市営地下鉄ブルーラインに「急行」、14年度運行目指す/横浜" [Express trains for Yokohama Subway Blue Line in fiscal 2012]. Kanaloco (in Japanese). Japan: Kanagawa Shimbun. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2012.