Blue Ridge Music Center
The Blue Ridge Music Center is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway system and is located at Milepost 213 near Galax, Virginia. The center celebrates the history and performance of old time mountain music of Virginia and North Carolina and is largely concerned with local artists who best show this history, and not with "stars".
Each summer it has a schedule of events related to a concert series. The center was planned when the town of Galax gave 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) for its development. The Center has a state-of-the-art amphitheater and a 17,000-square-foot (1,600 m2) museum. It was officially established by Congress in 1985.
- "(BRMC) hosts Virginia bluegrass music events in VA". Blue Ridge Music Center. 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Blue Ridge Music Center - Virginia Is For Lovers". Virginia.org. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "mayberry days rfd in mount airy, north carolina - the andy griffith show nc". Visitmayberry.com. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Virginia bluegrass music concerts, blue ridge parkway, bluegrass music history". Blueridgemusiccenter.org. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Blue Ridge Parkway Traveler :: Music and Concerts". Virtualblueridge.com. 2007-08-21. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Blue Ridge Gazette: A Coming Together of Cultures through Music". Blueridgegazette.blogspot.com. 2006-08-16. Retrieved 2012-03-14.