Blue Springs R-IV School District
The Blue Springs R-IV School District is a school district that serves Blue Springs, Missouri in the State of Missouri. The district has an enrollment of over 13,000 students. Mission Statement Blue Springs R-IV School District is to create an educational community in which each individual acquires knowledge, develops skills, and functions as a literate citizen to achieve personal goals. "Adopted by the Blue Springs R-IV Board of Education Adopted August 21, 2006". The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reported that Blue Springs School District once again received a perfect score on our Annual Performance Report in 2011. This is the eleventh year in a row that the district has received a perfect score. This is determined by a number of factors including student achievement. The Blue Springs School District is one of only seven school districts in this state to have eleven consecutive years of Distinction.
- Chapel Lakes Elementary School
- Cordill-Mason Elementary School
- Daniel Young Elementary School
- Franklin Smith Elementary School
- James Lewis Elementary School
- James Walker Elementary School
- John Nowlin Elementary School
- Lucy Franklin Elementary School
- Sunny Pointe Elementary School
- Thomas Ultican Elementary School
- Voy Spears Elementary School
- William Bryant Elementary School
- William Yates Elementary School
- Brittany Hill Middle School
- Delta Woods Middle School
- Sunny Vale Middle School
- Moreland Ridge Middle School
- Blue Springs Freshman Center
- Blue Springs High School
- Blue Springs South High School
- Valley View High School
The Blue Springs School District also offers "Liggett Trail Education Center" which is a setting designed to address the needs of students from age 3 to 21 years with Special Needs or Disabilities. It is mainly an Early Childhood Special Education Center for 3 to 5 year olds. Emphasis is upon school/parent communication, developmentally appropriate practices, specialized therapies and team approach that allows each student to work toward his or her potential.
- Brandon Lloyd, professional Wide Receiver for the New England Patriots of the NFL attended Blue Springs High School.
- Frankie Abernathy, Real World San Diego Cast Member, attended Blue Springs High School.
- Jon Sundvold, NBA player and All-American college basketball player at the University of Missouri, is a graduate of Blue Springs High School.
- David Cook, 7th season winner of American Idol, attended Blue Springs South High School.