||This article has an unclear citation style. (September 2012)|
Bluetooth low energy
|Employees||37 (Aug 2012)|
Bluegiga Technologies Ltd. known as Bluegiga, is a Finnish wireless technology company based in Espoo, Finland. Founded in 2000, it has since expanded its offices to Atlanta in USA and Hong Kong. Bluegiga has been a member of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group since it was established and joined Continua Health Alliance in Spring 2008. The company joined Wi-Fi Alliance in the beginning of 2012.
Bluegiga develops and manufactures short range wireless connectivity systems, including Bluetooth modules and access servers, Wi-Fi modules, Bluetooth Smart modules as well as a licenceable embedded Bluetooth stack, iWRAP. The products are mainly aimed at adding wireless connectivity to industrial customers' products, rather than being consumer-ready end products by themselves. Common industry sectors that use Bluegiga's products include, Healthcare, automotive, audio, industrial and consumer applications.
- "Successful financing round for BlueGiga". Telecompaper. 22 May 2002.
- "Bluegiga provides health device profile for Bluetooth OEM modules". Medical Technology Business Europe. 11 February 2009.
- "Bluegiga Launches Embedded Wi-Fi® Modules for Professional Applications". Canada Newswire. 29 May 2012.
- "WT12 Bluetooth Breakout Board". In Mojo. 10 September 2011.
- "Bluegiga integrates wireless Bluetooth and GSM technologies for M2M applications". PR Web. 11 February 2004.
- "New Bluetooth 4.0 Development Kit from Rowdy Robot on Kickstarter.com". LabStrip. 30 May 2012.