|Industry||Computer and video games
|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Key people||Andy O'Neil (President)|
Bluepoint Games, Inc. is an American independent video game developer located in Austin, Texas. Their management team includes gaming industry veterans who have worked on multi-million selling titles. Bluepoint Games President Andy O'Neil previously served as Technical Lead Engineer on the highly successful Metroid Prime (2002) and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004) titles for Nintendo of America Inc.
On August 31, 2009, it was announced that reworked versions of God of War and God of War II would be coming to the PlayStation 3 as God of War Collection. Bluepoint Games handled the port and the game was released on November 17, 2009 in North America. It was released in other regions from March to April 2010.
At the Tokyo Game Show 2010, it was announced that they would be handling a second Classics HD title port, remastering the PlayStation 2 games Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PlayStation 3 for release in North America, Japan and Europe in September 2011. They also handled the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which includes remastered HD versions of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and was released November 8, 2011.
On January 27, 2014, it was confirmed by Vince Zampella (co-founder of Respawn Entertainment) that Bluepoint Games are developing the Xbox 360 version of Respawn's Titanfall title due for release on March 25, 2014.
- IMDB Credits for Metroid Prime
- Mobygames Credits for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- PlayStation.com Official Blast Factor Page
- Yoon, Andrew. "God of War Collection coming to PS3 this holiday". Joystiq.
- Sid Shuman (December 10, 2010). "Shadow of the Colossus in 3D: Eyes On, Hands On". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- Haywald, Justin (January 27, 2014). "Titanfall Developer Respawn Finally Reveals Studio Working on Xbox 360 Version of Their Game". Gamespot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on January 27, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2014.