From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Notable blues shouters included:
- Walter Brown, of the Jay McShann orchestra.
- H-Bomb Ferguson
- Wynonie Harris
- Duke Henderson, who operated mainly in the late 1940s and early 1950s.
- Jimmy Rushing, blues shouter with Count Basie.
- Big Joe Turner — whose style hardly changed at all between 1938's "Roll 'Em Pete", and 1954's "Shake, Rattle and Roll" — Turner was arguably the greatest exponent of the art.
- Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, an unusual combination of blues shouter and bebop alto saxophone/
- Jimmy Witherspoon, who also appeared with McShann.
|This jazz-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|