Blunts Point Battery
Blunts Point Naval Gun
|Nearest city||Pago Pago, American Samoa|
|NRHP Reference #||73002128|
|Added to NRHP||April 26, 1973|
|Designated NHL||May 28, 1987|
Blunts Point Battery, also known as Blunts Point Naval Gun or Matautu Ridge Gun Site is a gun battery on Matautu Ridge near Pago Pago, American Samoa. It was part of the fortification of the Samoan Islands which took place after the attack on Pearl Harbor.
It has recently been restored and is in good condition. It is a rare example of a World War II Pacific coastal gun which remains in relatively pristine condition.
- List of United States National Historic Landmarks in United States commonwealths and territories, associated states, and foreign states
- National Register of Historic Places listings in American Samoa
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- "Blunts Point Battery". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Erwin N. Thompson (1986-06-26). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: American Samoa's Defenses: Blunts Point Battery / Blunts Point Battery" (pdf). National Park Service. and PDF (32 KB)
|This National Register of Historic Places-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This American Samoa-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|