Blythe Photovoltaic Power Plant
|Blythe Photovoltaic Power Plant|
Location of Blythe Photovoltaic Power Plant in California
|Location||Blythe, Riverside County, California|
|Construction began||September 2009|
|Commission date||December 2009|
|Nameplate capacity||21 MW|
The 21 megawatt Blythe Photovoltaic Power Plant was the largest photovoltaic (PV) solar project in California. It is located in Blythe, California, in Riverside County about 200 miles (320 km) east of Los Angeles. Commercial operation began in December 2009. Electricity generated by the power plant is being sold to Southern California Edison under a 20-year power purchase agreement.
- Blythe Solar Power Project
- List of concentrating solar thermal power companies
- List of photovoltaic power stations
- List of solar thermal power stations
- Renewable energy in the United States
- Renewable portfolio standard
- Solar power in the United States
- Cheyney, Tom (18 April 2010). "Blythe spirit: Where First Solar’s thin-film PV turns desert sun into grid-friendly juice". Photovoltaics International. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- First Solar & NRG Open 21-MW Blythe Project Renewable Energy World, December 22, 2009.
|This article about renewable energy plants is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|