Peter Reckell as Bo Brady
|Days of our Lives character|
|Portrayed by||Peter Reckell (1983–87, 1990–92, 1995–2012)
Robert Kelker-Kelly (1992–95)
|First appearance||May 3, 1983|
|Last appearance||October 30, 2012|
|Created by||Sheri Anderson
|Introduced by||Betty Corday
|Residence||526 Scuttlehoe Road
Beauregard "Bo" Aurelius Brady is a fictional character on the NBC Soap Opera, Days of our Lives, the youngest of the series' Brady family. Created under head-writer Margaret DePreist, the role was originated by actor Peter Reckell on May 2, 1983. Reckell left the show alongside Kristian Alfonso who played Bo's wife Hope Williams Brady on April 20, 1987. Robert Kelker-Kelly stepped into the role from June 1992 to May 1995. Reckell returned to portray Bo on August 1, 1995. In June 2012, after much speculation, it was confirmed that Reckell would once again exit the soap. Reckell filmed his final scenes for Days of our Lives on July 24, 2012.
Born on November 9, 1962, Bo is the only son of Caroline Brady (Peggy McCay) and Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston). However, Bo is raised as the youngest child of Caroline and her husband Shawn Brady (Frank Parker) until his paternity reveal in 1985. Bo returns to Salem in 1983 and marries Hope Williams (Kristian Alfonso) shortly after. The couple later welcomes their son, Shawn-Douglas Brady. Bo later becomes a detective at the Salem Police Department. In 2000, Bo and Hope welcome another son, Zack. During the Salem Stalker storyline, Bo loses his mother and older brother Roman (Josh Taylor). He rejoins the police force to help solve the case and is forced to arrest his former sister-in-law, Dr. Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall). Fortunately, all the victims are discovered on a mysterious island and Bo is on the rescue team. He is also reunited with his ex-wife, Billie Reed (Julie Pinson). On New Year's Day in 2006, Zack is his by a car driven by Bo and Billie's daughter, Chelsea (Rachel Melvin). To protect Chelsea, Bo hides the truth believing it would destroy his family. In 2008, Chelsea saves Bo's life by donating part of her pancreas when his begins failing. Bo suffers a concussion and temporarily experiences psychic visions. In 2012, quits the force after budget cuts and accompanies Caroline to California for Alzheimer's treatment. Bo and Caroline eventually return, but Bo remains offscreen due to Peter Reckell's departure.
- "Days of our Lives — Bios — Peter Reckell as Bo Brady". SoapOperaDigest.com. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- Newcomb, Roger (2013-04-20). "Today in Soap Opera History (April 20)". We Love Soaps. We Love Soaps. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- "Robert Kelker Kelly Bio". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- "DAYS: Peter Reckell Exit News". Soap Opera Digest. 2012-06-13. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- Masters, Megan (2012-06-13). "TVLine Items: Days Vet Peter Reckell to Exit, Breaking Bad Star's New Gig and More!". TVLine.com. Retrieved June 13, 2012.
- "Peter Reckell Exits Salem Today". Soap Opera Digest. Soapoperadigest.com. 2012-07-24. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "DAYS Daily Recaps Archive: The week of October 29, 2007". Soap Central. Soapcentral.com. Friday, November 2, 2007. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Soap Opera Scenes". Boca Raton News (South Florida Media Company). August 5, 1983. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Days of our Lives — Bios — Peter Reckell as Bo Brady". NBC.com. Retrieved 2010-04-15.