Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
|Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh|
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Bhopal, MP, India|
|Location||Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Official languages||Hindi, English & Urdu|
The MPBSE is a Madhya Pradesh government body responsible for determining the policy-related, administrative, cognitive, and intellectual direction of the state's higher educational system. The board regulates and supervises the system of Intermediate education in Madhya Pradesh State. It executes and governs various activities that include devising of courses of study, prescribing syllabus, conducting examinations, granting affiliations to colleges. MPBSE also provides direction, support and leadership for all educational institutions under its jurisdiction. It also runs model schools such as the Model High, TT Nagar.
The Madhya Pradesh Legislature, in the sixteenth year of the Republic of India, enacted an Act for the establishment of a Board in order to regulate Secondary Education in Madhya Pradesh and other ancillary matters. In 1965 this autonomous body was established under the The Madhya Pradesh Secondary Education Act,1965.
- To grant affiliation/recognition to schools.
- To prescribe courses and text books at High school and Intermediate level.
- To conduct High school and Intermediate Examinations.
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other Boards.
The MPBSE prescribes the syllabus, for students from Standard I to Standard XII, for schools affiliated with it & exams whose scores are necessary to gain admission in higher study institutes.
It conducts three board examinations: the Middle School Exam for Standard VIII, High School Certificate Examination for standard X and the Higher Secondary (School) Certificate (HSC) Exam for standard XII, which is a school-leaving examination.
See also 
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), India
- Indian School Certificate (ISC),India
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), India
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), India
- Boards of Education in India
- "MP Board Results".
- ""Result Processing System"". National Informatics Center. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""NIC States"". National Informatics Center, Govt. of India. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""THE MADHYA PRADESH SECONDARY EDUCATION ACT,1965"". Madhya Pradesh Legislature. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""बारहवीं का रिजल्ट 25 तक"". Dainik Bhaskar. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""MP Govt transfers ten IAS officers"". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""High School Certificate Examination, Madhya Pradesh"". National Informatics Center. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- ""Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination, Madhya Pradesh"". National Informatics Center. Retrieved 2010-10-02.