Boat Harbour, New South Wales
New South Wales
Boat Harbour looking south-west
|• Density||406/km2 (1,050/sq mi) [Note 1]|
|Area||2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)[Note 2]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Boat Harbour is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. The main population centre of the suburb is the village also known as Boat Harbour. Both lie adjacent to the bay after which they were named.
From the easternmost end of Ocean Parade in highest part of the suburb, adjacent to the Tomaree National Park at Morna Point, there are striking views of the coastline. On a clear day it is possible to follow the coast southwards to the horizon, well beyond Newcastle.
Boat Harbour is a sheltered, sandy bay. Kingsley Beach is just to the south and is popular with surfers.
- The density presented is that of the whole suburb. However, only about 0.45 square kilometres (0.17 sq mi) of the suburb is residential in nature. The population density of this area is much higher at 1,804 /km2 (4,670 /sq mi).
- The area is based on NSW GNB maps and is for the whole suburb. However, most of the suburb is part of Tomaree National Park which consists of unpopulated beaches, coastal reserves and bushland. The actual area occupied by residential development is only about 0.45 km2 (0.17 sq mi).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Boat Harbour (Port Stephens) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 May 2008. Map
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 8 June 2008.
- "Boat Harbour (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- "Boat Harbour (village)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- "Boat Harbour (bay)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- "Boat Harbour". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- Media related to Boat Harbour, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|