From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Boatswain in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Boatswain or bosun may refer to:
- Boatswain, a seaman's occupation and/or rank
- Boatswain's mate (United States Navy), a job classification in the United States Navy
- Boatswain's mate (United States Coast Guard), a job classification in the United States Coast Guard
- Boatswain is a position on yacht racing crews
- Boatswain, the highest petty officer in Sea Scouting
- Boatswain (bird), any species of gull of the genus Stercorarius
- Boatswain Bird Island, a small uninhabited island and nature reserve home to many endemic species of bird off the coast of Ascension Island
- Bosun, the NATO reporting name for the Soviet Tupolev Tu-14 bomber
- Bosun (dinghy) a type of sailing dinghy
- Bosun's chair, a type of harness that allows a crewmember to climb into the rigging and work safely on the sails, halyards, or other rigging
- Boatswain's call, a pipe or whistle used to issue commands onboard ship.
- The arts
- The Boatswain, a minor character in Shakespeare's The Tempest
- Boatswain, a Newfoundland dog kept by Lord Byron, who honored him by the poem "Epitaph to a Dog"
- Quinton Boatswain (born 1990), Montserratian cricketer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.