Family and education
Arnott is the great-grandson of William Arnott, who founded Arnott's Biscuits. His father, Henry Dixon Arnott, was a barrister and President of the Royal Aero Club of New South Wales. He was born in Sydney and attended Cranbrook School and the University of Sydney where he graduated as a Bachelor of Science in 1945. Arnott married Simone Emile Pirenne in 1965 and had two children: Adrienne Davina Pirenne Arnott (born in 1969); and Robert Axel Pirenne Arnott (born in 1970).
- "Olympics". sports-reference. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "Skiers Safe In Hut; Long Trip Abandoned.". The Sydney Morning Herald (National Library of Australia). 10 August 1946. p. 1. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "CRANBROOK SCHOOL.". The Sydney Morning Herald (National Library of Australia). 2 October 1933. p. 2. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Alumni Sidneienses Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "SOCIAL ROUNDABOUT.". The Australian Women's Weekly (National Library of Australia). 6 October 1965. p. 10. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- The descendants of William Arnott Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Arnott, Robert (1998), Seventy-five seasons : the Ski Club of Australia, Allen & Unwin, ISBN 978-1-86448-665-0
|This Australian biographical article related to winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|