From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||July 20, 1921
|Died||April 17, 2011(aged 89)|
|Known for||Life with the Lyons, Rentaghost|
Block was best known for writing television comedy series for children, including Pardon My Genie (1972–73), Robert's Robots (1974–75), Galloping Galaxies (1985) and the BBC's long-running Rentaghost (1976–84).
- Variety Bandbox (1940s–1950s)
- Radio Rinso (1950)
- The Starlight Hour (1950)
- Life with the Lyons (1951–1961)
- Festival of Britain (1951)
- Arthur's Inn (1952)
- Discord in Three Flats (1962)
- Our House (1960)
- That's My Boy (1963)
- Crackerjack (1964–1973)
- Hey Presto it’s Rolf (1966)
- Broaden Your Mind (1968–1969)
- Ken Dodd and the Diddymen (1969–1970)
- The Dave King Show (1969–1970)
- Dave Allen At Large (1970–1979)
- Pardon My Genie (1972–1973)
- Roberts Robots (1973–1974)
- Truscott's Luck
- Rentaghost (1975–1984)
- Grandad (1979–1984)
- Galloping Galaxies! (1985–1986)
- Kindly Leave the Stage (1968)
- "Bob Block, comedy scriptwriter". Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Radio 4 and 4 Extra Blog: Bob Block: Life with the Lyons on 4 Extra". Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Bob Block Writing C.V.". Retrieved 2011-05-04.
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|