Bob Clearmountain is an American music engineer, mixer and producer. He has worked with many prominent names in music including Bruce Springsteen (he mixed Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A.), The Rolling Stones (he mixed their singles "Miss You" and "Out of Tears"), Bryan Adams (he has mixed almost all of his albums since Reckless), Robbie Williams (Intensive Care), Toto, Bon Jovi (These Days, Crush, Bounce), Altered State, Simple Minds, and 235 other artists.
He has been nominated for four Grammy Awards and won a Latin Grammy Award in 2007 for Best Male Pop Vocal Album for his work with engineering Ricky Martin's "MTV Unplugged". He has also won an Emmy and he has won seven TEC Awards for "Best Recording Engineer", two others for "Best Broadcast Engineer", one special "Les Paul Award" and a Monitor Award for the Rolling Stone's Voodoo Lounge pay-per-view show.
Clearmountain also played bass on The Dead Boys' first album, Young, Loud and Snotty, before Jeff Magnum rejoined the group.
Selection of his work as a producer
Selection of his work as a mix engineer
- Kool and the Gang's 1974 album Light of Worlds.
- The Rolling Stone's Still Life, Tattoo You, Stripped and Live Licks albums and their singles "Miss You" and "Out of Tears".
- The Church's 1981 debut album Of Skins and Heart (also co-produced).
- Roxy Music's Avalon album (1982) (including their single "More Than This").
- Huey Lewis & The News 1983 Sports album
- Men at Work's Two Hearts 1985 album. (except Children on parade)
- Willy DeVille's 1987 album Miracle.
- Tears For Fears' The Seeds of Love album (1989).
- Altered State 1991 album Altered State.
- Toto's 1992 album Kingdom of Desire.
- Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, Tunnel of Love, Live/1975-85, Lucky Town, The Seeger Sessions and Tracks albums.
- Bryan Adams' albums Reckless, Waking Up the Neighbours, MTV Unplugged,On a Day Like Today, Live At The Budokan, Room Service, and 11.
- Bon Jovi's These Days, Crush and Bounce albums.
- Robbie William's Intensive Care album.
- Collective Soul's Collective Soul (1995 album)
- The Corrs' Forgiven Not Forgotten, Talk On Corners and Unplugged albums.
- Aimee Mann's Whatever and Bachelor#2 albums.
- Rufus Wainwright's eponymous first album (1998).
- INXS' Kick, Full Moon, Dirty Hearts and Welcome to Wherever You Are albums.
- David Bowie's Never Let Me Down and Let's Dance albums.
- The Cure's Just Like Heaven single.
- Peter Gabriel's Come Talk to Me single.
- Tina Turner's Back Where You Started single.
- Tori Amos's Boys For Pele album (1996)
- Nine Inch Nails - Happiness In Slavery Woodstock 94 (Live Recording Engineer).
- Crowded House's Temple of Low Men, Woodface, and Together Alone albums.
- Aimee Mann's 1999 album Bachelor No 2.
- Bad Religion's 2000 album The New America.
- Glen Phillips - Winter Pays For Summer (2005)
- Jenifer's (French singer) Le Passage (2004) & Lunatique (2007) album
- Simple Minds' Black & White 050505 album (2005).
- Sheryl Crow's Wildflower album (2005).
- Bryan Ferry's Dylanesque album (2007).
- Alejandro Sanz "Paraíso Express" album (2009).
- Simple Minds' Graffiti Soul album (2009).
- Dire Straits On Every Street album, Heavy Fuel Track (1991).
- Nonpoint 2002 album Development.
- Kai Band Toriko, Gold, Love Minus Zero.
- Storyteller' Crazy Mad Love album (2010).
- Mary Fahl's From the Dark Side of the Moon album (2011)
- Amy Macdonald's album This Is the Life (Amy Macdonald album) (2007)
- ^ Bob Cleamountain's Associated Artists List