Bob Clearmountain is an American music engineer, mixer and producer. He has worked with many prominent names in music including Bruce Springsteen (mixing Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A.), The Rolling Stones (re-mixes of the singles "Miss You" and "Out of Tears"), Bryan Adams (mixing almost all of his albums since Reckless), Robbie Williams (Intensive Care), Toto, Bon Jovi (These Days, Crush, Bounce), Altered State, Simple Minds, and 235 other artists.
He has been nominated for four Grammy Awards and won a Latin Grammy Award in 2007 for Best Male Pop Vocal Album for his work with engineering Ricky Martin's "MTV Unplugged". He has also won an Emmy and he has won seven TEC Awards for "Best Recording Engineer", two others for "Best Broadcast Engineer", one special "Les Paul Award" and a Monitor Award for the Rolling Stone's Voodoo Lounge pay-per-view show.
Selection of his work as a producer
- Bryan Adams' Reckless album.
- Jonatha Brooke's Steady Pull and Careful What You Wish For albums.
- The Church's 1982 album The Blurred Crusade
- Paul McCartney's Tripping the Live Fantastic album.
- The Pretenders' Get Close album.
- Simple Minds' Once Upon a Time album.
- The Who's Join Together album.
Selection of his work as a mix engineer
- Kool and the Gang (1974) Light of Worlds album
- The Rolling Stones albums: (1981) Tattoo You, (1982) Still Life, (1995) Stripped, (2004) Live Licks and the singles "Miss You" (1978) and "Out of Tears" (1994) .
- The Church's (1981) Of Skins and Heart album (also co-produced)
- Lene Lovich (1982) No Man's Land.
- Roxy Music (1982) Avalon album including the single "More Than This."
- Huey Lewis and the News (1983) Sports album
- David Bowie (1983) Let's Dance album
- Bruce Springsteen albums: (1984) Born in the USA, (1987) Tunnel of Love, (1986) Live/1975-85, (1992) Lucky Town, (1998) Tracks and (2006) The Seeger Sessions.
- Bryan Adams albums: (1984) Reckless, (1991) Waking Up the Neighbours, (1997) MTV Unplugged, (1998) On a Day Like Today, (2003) Live At The Budokan, (2004) Room Service and (2008) 11.
- Men at Work (1985) Two Hearts album
- Tina Turner (1986) "Back Where You Started" single
- David Bowie (1987) Never Let Me Down album
- The Cure (1987) "Just Like Heaven" single
- Willy DeVille (1987) Miracle album
- INXS albums: (1987) Kick, (1992) Welcome to Wherever You Are and (1993) Full Moon, Dirty Hearts.
- Divinyls (1988) "Hey Little Boy" (12", Promo remix)
- Crowded House albums: (1988) Temple of Low Men, (1991) Woodface and (1993) Together Alone.
- Tears For Fears (1989) The Seeds of Love album
- Dire Straits (1991) "Heavy Fuel" single
- Altered State (1991) Altered State album
- Toto (1992) Kingdom of Desire album
- Aimee Mann albums: (1993) Whatever and (2000) Bachelor No. 2
- Nine Inch Nails (1994) "Happiness in Slavery" single, at Woodstock 94 (Live Recording Engineer)
- Bon Jovi albums: (1995) These Days, (2000) Crush and (2002) Bounce.
- Collective Soul (1995) Blue Album
- The Corrs albums: (1995) Forgiven Not Forgotten and (1997) Talk On Corners and Unplugged.
- Tori Amos (1996) Boys For Pele album
- Kai Toriko, Gold, Love Minus Zero albums
- Rufus Wainwright (1998) eponymous Rufus Wainwright album
- Bad Religion (2000) The New America album
- Nonpoint (2002) Development album
- Roxy Music (2003) Live album
- Jenifer Bartoli's (2004) Le Passage and (2007) Lunatique albums
- Glen Phillips (2005) Winter Pays for Summer album
- Simple Minds (2005) Black & White 050505 album
- Sheryl Crow (2005) Wildflower album
- Robbie Williams (2005) Intensive Care album
- Bryan Ferry (2007) Dylanesque album
- Amy Macdonald (2007) This Is the Life album
- Alejandro Sanz (2009) Paraíso Express album
- Simple Minds (2009) Graffiti Soul album
- Peter Gabriel (2010) "Come Talk to Me" single
- Storyteller (2010) Crazy Mad Love album
- Mary Fahl (2011) From the Dark Side of the Moon album