Bob Crowley (born 1952) is a theatre designer (scenic and costume), and theatre director.
Born in Cork, Ireland, he is the brother of director John Crowley. He trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. He has designed over 20 productions for the National Theatre including Ghetto, The Madness of George III, Carousel and The History Boys. He has also designed numerous productions for the Royal Shakespeare Company including The Plantagenets, for which he won an Olivier award, and Les Liaisons Dangereuses, which later had a successful run in London, followed by a transfer to Broadway. Opera productions include the critically acclaimed production of The Magic Flute directed by Nicholas Hytner for the English National Opera and La Traviata for the Royal Opera House.
He has received multiple Tony Award nominations, and has won six times, for designing the Broadway productions of Carousel (1994), Aida (2000), The History Boys (2006), Mary Poppins (2007), The Coast of Utopia (2007) and Once (2012). He is a recipient of the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Set Design and a three-time recipient of the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Set Design. He is a frequent collaborator of Nicholas Hytner and as well as Broadway has worked extensively at the Royal National Theatre in London and with England's Royal Shakespeare Company.
Crowley designed set and costume for Mary Poppins, which played in both the West End and on Broadway. He designed and directed the Phil Collins musical Tarzan. He is the set and costume designer for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, and the costume designer of the 2008/9 version of The Little Mermaid.
- 1994 Best Scenic Designer – Carousel
- 2000 Best Scenic Designer – Aida
- 2006 Best Scenic Design of a Play – The History Boys
- 2007 Best Scenic Design of a Play – The Coast of Utopia
- 2007 Best Scenic Design of a Musical – Mary Poppins
- 2012 Best Scenic Design of a Musical – Once
- Bob Crowley, play/Robin Wagner, musical (2001)
- Tim Hatley, play/Douglas W. Schmidt, musical (2002)
- John Lee Beatty, play/Catherine Martin, musical (2003)
- John Lee Beatty, play/Eugene Lee, musical (2004)
- Santo Loquasto, play/Michael Yeargan, musical (2005)
- Michael Yeargan, play/David Gallo, musical (2006)
- Bob Crowley and Scott Pask, play/Bob Crowley, musical (2007)
- Scott Pask, play/Michael Yeargan, musical (2008)
- David Korins, play/Tim Hatley, musical (2009)
- Phelim McDermott, Julian Crouch, and Basil Twist (2010)
- Derek McLane (2011)
- Jon Driscoll, Rob Howell and Paul Kieve (2012)
- Rob Howell (2013)
- Christopher Barreca (2014)