Bob De Carolis
|Bob De Carolis|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Michigan (athletic dept. staff)
Oregon State (asst. AD)
Oregon State (athletic director)
|Head coaching record|
|Overall||144–81 (.640) (softball)|
Bob De Carolis (born c. 1952) is an athletic administrator and former softball coach. He has been the athletic director at Oregon State University since 2002. He previously worked for the University of Michigan athletic department from 1979 to 1998 and as Oregon State's assistant athletic director from 1998 to 2002. He was also the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines softball team from 1981 to 1984, compiling a four-year record of 144–81 (.640).
University of Michigan
In October 1980, De Carolis was appointed as the second head coach of the Michigan Wolverines softball team, replacing Gloria Soluk. He had previously served as an assistant softball coach at both UMass and Michigan. De Carolis served four years as Michigan's head softball coach from 1981 to 1984, compiling a 144–81 record (.640). After the 1984 season, he was replaced as head softball coach by Carol Hutchins, who had been an assistant to De Carolis during the 1983 and 1984 seasons.
In 1998, De Carolis left Michigan to accept a position as the assistant athletic director at Oregon State University. He remained in that post for four years. In August 2002, he was appointed as Oregon State's athletic director by then OSU President Dr. Paul Risser. He was credited with leading the largest fundraising campaign in the history of the Oregon State athletic department, raising funds for a project to expand Reser Stadium. In May 2006, De Carolis was given a five-year contract extension through 2011 as Oregon State's athletic director. In May 2011, he was given a further five-year extension through 2016. In June 2011, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.
- "Bob De Carolis". The Statesman-Journal. December 16, 2002.
- John Kerr (October 29, 1980). "Softball coach named". The Michigan Daily.
- Joe Burris (July 3, 2002). "AD Search Moving Along: De Carolis Gets UMass Interview". Boston Globe.
- "Oregon State AD signs five-year contract extension". ESPN.com. May 24, 2006.
- "Oregon State AD De Carolis signs contract extension". The Bulletin. May 11, 2011.
- Paul Buker (August 11, 2011). "Oregon State athletic director Bob De Carolis deals with Parkinson's in his usual fashion: head-on". The Oregonian.
- "Bob De Carolis Receives UMass Honor". OSU Beavers. February 23, 2009.