Bob Harper (personal trainer)
August 18, 1965 |
|Occupation||Personal trainer, author|
|Height||5 feet 11.5 inches (181.6 cm)|
|Weight||167 pounds (76 kg)|
Harper has worked as a personal trainer for celebrity clients, including Jennifer Jason Leigh. In 1999, he was cast as an extra in Melissa Etheridge's hit video for the song "Angels Would Fall" from her album Breakdown. He is featured as a trainer on the United States version of The Biggest Loser reality television series. He has been a trainer on the NBC show since 2004. In addition to working on the show, Harper has appeared in several Biggest Loser DVD workouts. Harper also appeared on the first three seasons of the Australian version of the show.
In early 2010, Harper launched mytrainerbob.com, a website where subscribers can discuss weight loss and receive coaching. The success of his site led to the release of his first workout DVD series in May, titled "Bob Harper: Inside Out Method." Harper also contributes workouts to websites such as Shape magazine.
Harper stopped following a vegan diet in 2011 and now eats animal products again due to wanting "something more."
Harper has spoken out against puppy mills and has adopted a black and white dog from the Animal Advocates Alliance in Baldwin Park, California. He named the dog Karl, after Karl Lagerfeld, because of the dog's color.
Harper publicly came out as gay in the seventh episode of the fifteenth season of The Biggest Loser, while talking to a contestant who was having difficulty telling his parents about his sexuality. Harper revealed he came out to his parents at 17, but that this was his first time ever addressing his sexuality publicly in his career. The episode aired on November 26, 2013.
- Harper, Bob (2008). Are You Ready!: Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change. Harmony Books. ISBN 978-0-767-92872-4.
- Harper, Bob; Greg Critser (2012). The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0-345-53312-8.
- Harper, Bob; Greg Critser (2013). Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0-345-54510-7.
- Harper, Bob (2014). Skinny Meals: Everything You Need to Lose Weight-Fast!. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0-804-17889-1.
- "Bob Harper Biography". TV Guide.
- "Angels Would Fall". YouTube.
- "Bob Harper". IMDB.
- "The Biggest Loser Australia". IMDB.
- "Who is Bob Harper?". FWL.
- "My Trainer Bob". mytrainerbob.com.
- "Marketing firm inks deals with celebrities". New York Business.
- "Shape Videos". Shape magazine.
- "About APSU - Notable Alumni". Austin Peay State University.
- "Bob Harper Goes Vegan". VegNews.
- "It’s Official! ‘The Biggest Loser’ Trainer Bob Harper Goes From Vegetarian To Vegan!". Ecorazzi.
- "Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities 2010". PETA.
- "Bob Harper of "Biggest Loser" talks diet, fitness". Reuters. September 16, 2011.
- "Meet the newest training partner for Bob Harper of 'The Biggest Loser': Karl (as in Lagerfeld)". Los Angeles Times. June 7, 2010.
- Stanhope, Kate (November 28, 2013). "Biggest Loser Trainer Bob Harper Comes Out". TV Guide. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|