Bob Marley (comedian)
|Born||Robert Cochrane Marley, Jr
4 April 1967
Robert Cochrane "Bob" Marley, Jr. (born April 4, 1967) is an American comedian. He has appeared on The David Letterman Show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and Comedy Central. He can be seen in the film The Boondock Saints.
He was born in Bangor, Maine. He graduated from Deering High School in 1985. Marley then went on to attend the University of Maine at Farmington. However, even in college, he knew that he wanted to pursue comedy as his career.
Marley's comedic bits are mostly about life in Maine. Bob Marley's first television appearance was on Comedy Central. He also appeared as Detective Greenly in the movie The Boondock Saints, and reprised his role as Detective Greenly in The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day.
He has hosted on XM Radio channels 97, Blue Collar Radio, and 99, RawDog Comedy; and, as of 2013, appears weekly on Coast 93.1-WMGX in Portland, Maine, in a segment called "The World According to Bob."
On Thursday, September 23, 2010, at 11:02pm EST, Marley entered the Guinness Book of World Records with the longest continuous standup routine. A record previously held by Lindsay Webb from Australia. He completed 40 hours of standup comedy, the first 17 hours and 14 minutes without any repetition of material. Marley's record was broken by David Scott on April 30, 2013 with a time of 40 hours and 8 minutes.
- Badly Dubbed Porn
- The Dink Show with Tyler Dama
- Spider Man: Return Of The Mongos
- Late Show with David Letterman
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn
- MAD TV
- Prime Time Live with Diane Sawyer
- NBC's Showcase
- Rodney Dangerfield's Comedy Cure on TBS
- Mars and Venus with Cybill Shepard
- The Martin Short Show
- Comedy Central Presents
- Shorties Watchin' Shorties
- The Late Late Show
- Comics Unleashed
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- The Breaks (1999)
- The Boondock Saints (1999)
- Liar's Club (2001)
- The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009)
- 3000 Shows Later (1997)
- All New Stuff (1998)
- Up Against the Brick Wall (1999)
- Sold Out! (2000)
- Live at Merrill Auditorium (2001)
- Comedian Bob Marley Live (Previously Released Material) (2002)
- I'm Tellin' You (2002)
- Dude...Don't Be Such a Dink! (2003)
- Greatest Hits Vol.1 (DVD) (2003)
- Put the Boots to 'Er (2004)
- Greatest Hits Vol.2 (DVD) (2004)
- Upta Camp (2005)
- Greatest Hits Vol.3 (DVD) (2005)
- Naughty Pine aka Worldwide (CD/DVD Combo) (2006)
- Don't Feed The Native (Previously Released Material) (2006)
- Goin' Up the Faya (2007)
- Big Mouth Bob (CD/DVD Combo) (2008)
- Runamuck (2008)
- Maine-iac on the Loose (2008)
- Drop It Haahd (CD/DVD Combo) (2009)
- 15 Years In Comedy (Box Set) (2009)
- Weirdo (2010)
- Minivan Owner (CD/DVD Combo) (2010)
- New England's King Of Comedy (2011)
- Guinness World Champ (CD/DVD Combo) (2011)
- Irish Curse (2011)
- Wilson, PF (2009-01-15). "Bob Marley-Maine Comedian". Columbus Alive. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Moye, David (2010-09-24). "No Joke: Comedian Breaks Stand-Up Routine Record". AOL News/The Huffington Post. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Longest stand-up comedy show by an individual". Guinness World Records. 2013-04-30. Retrieved 7 July 2013.