Bob Welch (born c. 1954) is an American author, speaker, teacher and newspaper columnist from Oregon. He writes a column for The Register-Guard, and is an adjunct professor at the University of Oregon. He has been honored multiple times by the National Society of Newspaper Columnists, and won many awards, including The Seattle Times C.B. Blethen Award for Distinguished Feature Writing.
Among his books are:
- The Keyboard Kitten: Gets Oregonized (penwax design, 2014)
- The Keyboard Kitten: An Oregon Children's Story (penwax design, 2013)
- My Seasons: A Literary Celebration of Sports and Life (AO Creative, 2006)
- My Oregon (AO Creative), a compilation of columns he wrote between 1999 and 2005
- American Nightingale: The Story of Francis Slanger, Forgotten Heroine of Normandy (Atria, 2001)
- Where Roots Grow Deep: Stories of Family, Love, and Legacy (Harvest House Publishers, 1999)
- A Father for All Seasons (Harvest House Publishers, 1998)
- ^ "Column Writing Contests".