Bobbi Brown backstage at The Heart Truth fashion show in 2009
April 14, 1957 |
|Occupation||Make-up artist, businesswoman|
Bobbi Brown (born April 14, 1957) is an American businesswoman. She is the founder and CCO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
Born to a Jewish family in Chicago, Illinois, Brown graduated from Emerson College in Boston with a degree in theatrical makeup. Afterwards, she moved to New York City to work as a professional makeup artist. In 1991, she and a chemist released a line of new lipsticks under the brand Bobbi Brown Essentials, which debuted at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City. Today, the line is available at few fine retailers such as Lord & Taylor. The success of that makeup line led Estee Lauder to buy the company in 1995.
In addition to creating cover looks for magazines and make-up for fashion shows, Brown is the exclusive beauty editor of The Today Show and a frequent guest on the E! and Style channels. She is the author of Bobbi Brown Beauty, Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty, Beauty Rules and Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution. On 2006-10-24, Brown joined the Emerson College Board of Trustees.
Brown is partners with a charity called Dress for Success where she gives underprivileged women attractive clothes to wear to job interviews. Also, the women receive the basic makeup by Bobbi Brown Essentials. When they receive the makeup, they get their makeup done by volunteer Bobbi Brown makeup artists.
- Bobbi Brown Beauty: The Ultimate Beauty Resource (1998) ISBN 0-06-270167-3
- Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty: Everything You Need to Look Pretty, Natural, Sexy & Awesome with Annemarie Iverson (2001) ISBN 0-06-095724-7
- Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution : A Guide to a Lifetime of Beauty (2005) ISBN 0-06-008881-8
- Bobbi Brown Living Beauty with Marie Clare Katigbak-Sillick (2009) ISBN 0-8212-5834-6
- Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro (2009) ISBN 0-446-58134-8
- Bobbi Brown Beauty Rules (2010) ISBN 0-811-87468-0
- Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful with Sara Bliss(2012) ISBN 0-811-87704-3
- Jewish Women's International, Jewish Woman Magazine: "Bobbi Brown" By Danielle Cantor retrieved January 20, 2012
- Welles, Linda (1990-02-04). "Style Makers; Bobbi Brown, Makeup Artist". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- Brown, Bobbi (2007-11). "How I Did It: Bobbi Brown, Founder and CEO, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics". www.inc.com. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- Rosen, David (2006-10-24). "Renowned Make-up Artist Bobbi Brown Joins Emerson Board of Trustees". ecampus.emerson.edu. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Dress for Success: Who We Are: Sponsors". www.dressforsuccess.org. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- Galant, Debra. "The Makeup Maven of Montclair", The New York Times, February 16, 2003. Accessed November 28, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobbi Brown.|