Starr at the 2011 AVN Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada
April 6, 1983 |
Santa Clara, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||San Jose State University|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||129 lb (59 kg)|
|No. of adult films||575 as performer
14 as director
Bobbi Starr (born April 6, 1983), is the stage name of an American pornographic actress. In 2011 and in 2013, Starr was named by CNBC as one of the 12 most popular stars in porn. Starr also became a director for Evil Angel. Her first title, Bobbi's World, is a female POV movie.
Early life and education
Starr was born and raised in San Jose, California. Her family is of Italian and Hungarian descent. Starr graduated from San Jose State University with a music degree and plays the oboe. While at San Jose State, Starr worked as a nanny and private music teacher and was assistant music librarian at the university.
Starr started her pornography career at the age of 23. She met someone who introduced her to the adult industry in San Francisco, California, but it took a year before she decided to enter the industry. Her initial works were bondage and submission scenes for Internet-based companies. She then transitioned to shooting various types of scenes for production companies in Los Angeles. Starr has appeared as the box-cover model for many movies by companies such as Red Light District Video and Combat Zone.
Starr considers herself a pro-sex feminist. Even though she acknowledges that some feminists consider pornography to be degrading to women, Starr asserts, "I don't feel degraded because it is my decision. I know that if I did ever feel degraded or feel uncomfortable, all I need to do is say no and it would stop. I don't think something where women have so much control in the situation can be considered degrading towards women."
Starr was a finalist for the reality show America's Next Hot Porn Star, a series set up similarly to America's Next Top Model. She blogs for Popporn.com and writes a column for Fox Magazine called "Adventures in Porny Land".
Starr wants to study pre-med, with the aim of becoming a gynecologist. Her intent is to work within the adult entertainment industry, where she has identified a lack of female gynecologists. Starr was cast for the movie adaptation of James Sallis's novel, Drive, which was released in 2011, although her scene was cut from the final edit.
As of July 2, 2013 she has announced on her blog that she is expecting a child and has found someone that "I can spend the rest of my life with" 
- 2014 Juliland Award - Hall of Fame
- 2007 CAVR Award – Starlet of Year
- 2008 CAVR Award – Star of Year
- 2009 CAVR Award – Siren of Year
- 2009 XRCO Award – Superslut
- 2010 CAVR Award – Performer of Year
- 2010 AVN Award – Most Outrageous Sex Scene - Belladonna: No Warning 4
- 2010 AVN Award – Best Double Penetration Sex Scene - Bobbi Starr & Dana DeArmond's Insatiable Voyage
- 2010 XRCO Award – Superslut
- 2010 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Oralist
- 2011 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Analist
- 2012 AVN Award – Female Performer of the Year
- 2012 AVN Award – Best Porn Star Website - BobbiStarr.com
- 2012 AVN Award – Best POV Sex Scene - Double Vision 3
- 2012 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Analist
- 2012 AVN Award – Best All-Sex Release, Mixed Format - Bobbi’s World
- 2013 AVN Award – Best Gonzo Release - Bobbi Violates San Francisco
- 2013 XCritic Fans Choice Award – Best All-Girl Release - Kiss Me Lick Me Fuck Me
- "Personal Bio Bobbi Starr". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- Morris, Chris, "The Dirty Dozen: Porn's most popular stars" CNBC (January 5, 2011)
- Chris Morris (2013-01-14). "The Dirty Dozen 2013 – Porn's Most Popular Stars". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "Bobbi Starr Joins Evil Angel Directors' Roster". AVN. 2011-07-20. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- Starr, Bobbi. "Bio". Myspace. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Inside Bobbi Starr". XRentDVD. 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
- Lucy Bretts (2008-05-07). "Bobbi Starr Is A Pre-Med Porn Celeb". The Naughty American. Naughty America. Archived from the original on November 5, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Eddie Adams (2007-05-15). "Kirsten Price to Host 'America's Next Hot Porn Star'". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2010-01-17.[dead link]
- Sarah Feldberg (2010-01-10). "Shadowing the porn star and musician for a day at AEE". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "A Starr is porn at Adelaide's Sexpo". The Advertiser. May 22, 2008.[dead link]
- Ask Sam (2008-07-24). "How to make love like a porn star". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- Peter Warren (2010-10-05). "Bobbi Starr, Andy San Dimas Cast in Mainstream Film 'Drive'". AVN. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "Porn Stars' Favorite Video Games". YouTube. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "bobbistarr.com » BIG NEWS!!!". Blog.bobbistarr.com. 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Staff. "Phoenix Marie is 2014 jGrrl of the Year Owner Richard Avery also named the other winners of his 3rd annual awards.". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- Vance Kingsley (2007-10-01). "Bobbi Starr Named CAVR Starlet of the Year". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "CAVR 2008 Season Nominees and Winners". cavr.com.
- "CAVR 2009 Season Winners". cavr.com.
- "2009 XRCO Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2009-04-17. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Press Release CAVR 15th Awards". Cavr.com. 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "2010 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- Peter Warren (2011-04-14). "2011 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "AVN Announces the 2012 AVN Award Winners". AVN. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- Sanford, John (2012-12-04). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". XBIZ Newswire. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "And Now... The 2013 AVN Award Winners!". AVN. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "XCritic.com Announces 2013 Fans Choice Awards Winners". AVN. 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- Official website
- Bobbi Starr at the Internet Movie Database
- Bobbi Starr at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Bobbi Starr at the Adult Film Database
- Bobbi Starr on Myspace
- Podcast interview at AdultDVDTalk
- Bobbi Starr on Twitter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobbi Starr.|