Starr at the 2011 AVN Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada
April 6, 1983 |
Santa Clara, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||San Jose State University|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||129 lb (59 kg)|
|No. of adult films||594 as performer, 14 as director (per IAFD as of April 2015)|
Early life and education
Starr was born in Santa Clara, California. Her family is of Albanian and Hungarian descent. Starr graduated from San Jose State University with a music degree and plays the oboe. However, she has stated she pursued a career in pornography rather than in music due to her "curious nature" and getting inspired after having watched a movie with Belladonna (whom she later befriended in real life). 
Starr started her pornography career at the age of 23. She met someone who introduced her to the adult industry in San Francisco, California, but it took a year before she decided to enter the industry. Her initial works were bondage and submission scenes for Internet-based companies. She then transitioned to shooting various types of scenes for production companies in Los Angeles. Starr has appeared as the box-cover model for many movies by companies such as Red Light District Video and Combat Zone.
Starr was a finalist for the reality show America's Next Hot Porn Star, a series set up similarly to America's Next Top Model. She blogs for Popporn.com and writes a column for Fox Magazine called "Adventures in Porny Land".
Starr considers herself a pro-sex feminist. Even though she acknowledges that some feminists consider pornography to be degrading to women, Starr asserts, "I don't feel degraded because it is my decision. I know that if I did ever feel degraded or feel uncomfortable, all I need to do is say no and it would stop. I don't think something where women have so much control in the situation can be considered degrading towards women." She does not label her sexual orientation, but she has stated that she considers herself "more gay than straight" and that she chooses to only "experiment" with men.
As of July 2, 2013 she has announced on her blog that she is expecting a child and has found someone who she "can spend the rest of [her] life with".
- 2009 XRCO Award – Superslut
- 2010 AVN Award – Most Outrageous Sex Scene - Belladonna: No Warning 4
- 2010 AVN Award – Best Double Penetration Sex Scene - Bobbi Starr & Dana DeArmond's Insatiable Voyage
- 2010 XRCO Award – Superslut
- 2010 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Oralist
- 2011 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Analist
- 2012 AVN Award – Female Performer of the Year
- 2012 AVN Award – Best POV Sex Scene - Double Vision 3
- 2012 XRCO Award – Orgasmic Analist
- 2012 AVN Award – Best All-Sex Release, Mixed Format - Bobbi’s World
- 2013 AVN Award – Best Gonzo Release - Bobbi Violates San Francisco
- "Personal Bio Bobbi Starr". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- "Bobbi Starr Joins Evil Angel Directors' Roster". AVN. 2011-07-20. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Inside Bobbi Starr". XRentDVD. 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
- "A Starr is porn at Adelaide's Sexpo". The Advertiser. May 22, 2008. Archived from the original on May 2008.
- "How to make love like a porn star". Sydney Morning Herald. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2008-07-24.
- Morris, Chris, "The Dirty Dozen: Porn's most popular stars" CNBC (January 5, 2011)
- Chris Morris (2013-01-14). "The Dirty Dozen 2013 – Porn's Most Popular Stars". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- Eddie Adams (2007-05-15). "Kirsten Price to Host 'America's Next Hot Porn Star'". Adult Video News. Retrieved Sep 22, 2014.
- Sarah Feldberg (2010-01-10). "Shadowing the porn star and musician for a day at AEE". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- Peter Warren (2010-10-05). "Bobbi Starr, Andy San Dimas Cast in Mainstream Film 'Drive'". AVN. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- Capuano, Erin P. (August 4, 2011). "SheWired - Meet Bobbi Starr, A Nerdalicious Girlie Fantasy and Porn Star: Interview". SheWired. Here Media. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Porn Stars' Favorite Video Games". YouTube. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "bobbistarr.com » BIG NEWS!!!". Blog.bobbistarr.com. 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "2009 XRCO Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. 2009-04-17. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "2010 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- Peter Warren (2011-04-14). "2011 XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "AVN Announces the 2012 AVN Award Winners". AVN. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- Sanford, John (2012-12-04). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". XBIZ Newswire. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "And Now... The 2013 AVN Award Winners!". AVN. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- Official website
- Bobbi Starr at the Internet Movie Database
- Bobbi Starr at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Bobbi Starr at the Adult Film Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobbi Starr.|