Bobby Grant (footballer)
|Full name||Robert Grant|
|Date of birth||1 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Litherland, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2010–2011||→ Rochdale (loan)||6||(2)|
|2012||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||8||(3)|
|2014||→ Fleetwood Town (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:44, 11 April 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He made his professional début for Accrington Stanley on 5 May 2007 in the Football League Two clash with Milton Keynes Dons at the National Hockey Stadium which ended in 3–1 defeat for Stanley. In that game, at the age of 16 years 309 days, he became the second youngest player to appear in The Football League for Stanley and the youngest since February 1959. At the beginning of the 2007–08 season he suffered a knee injury which kept him out until January 2008, soon after he signed professional terms. His first goal for Stanley came in a 1–0 home win against Chesterfield on 25 April 2009.
Grant was one of five men arrested alongside Steven Gerrard after an alleged assault on Lounge Inn DJ and businessman Mark McGee during a fracas inside the Southport night club in December 2008. Gerrard and two others were charged with assault, while Grant was released on bail without charge.
In the summer of 2012 Grant signed a two-year deal at Rochdale for an undisclosed fee and rejoined John Coleman who was his manager while he was at Accrington Stanley. On 17 June 2013 Grant had a transfer request accepted by Rochdale after a successful season at Spotland in which he scored 16 goals from 28 appearances.
Fleetwood Town (loan)
- As of 16 November 2012.
|Club||Season||League[A]||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[B]||Total|
|Rochdale (loan)||2010–11||League One||6||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||2|
|Accrington Stanley (loan)||2011–12||League Two||8||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||3|
- A. ^ The "League" column constitutes appearances and goals (including those as a substitute) in the Football League.
- B. ^ The "Other" column constitutes appearances and goals (including those as a substitute) in the Football League Trophy.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Accrington 1–0 Chesterfield
- "Stanley Player Bailed", Accrington Observer, 31 December 2008
- "Cliff Byrne heads Scunthorpe United departures". BBC. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Statement: Bobby Grant
- "Rochdale's Grant joins Blackpool". BBC Sport. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
- "Bobby joins Cod Army". Fleetwood Town FC. 28 February 2014.
- "Bobby Grant career statistics". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2012-08-11.