Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius
|Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Rowdy Herrington|
|Produced by||Kim Dawson|
|Written by||Rowdy Herrington
|Music by||James Horner|
|Editing by||Pasquale Buba|
|Distributed by||Film Foundry Releasing|
|Running time||123 minutes |
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius is a 2004 biographical drama film based on the life of Bobby Jones, the only player in the sport to win all four of the men's major golf championships in a single season (which in that era consisted of The Amateur Championship in Britain, the U.S. Amateur, the The Open Championship and the U.S. Open). The film was the first motion picture concerning the Royal and Ancient Golf Club at St. Andrews that was given permission to film on location.
- Jim Caviezel – Robert Tyre "Bobby" Jones, Jr.
- Claire Forlani – Mary Malone Jones
- Jeremy Northam – Walter Hagen
- Malcolm McDowell – O.B. Keeler
- Aidan Quinn – Harry Vardon
- Brett Rice – Big Bob Jones
- Connie Ray – Clara Jones
- Dan Albright – Grandfather Jones
- Paul Freeman – Angus
- Alistair Begg – Stewart Maiden
- Hilton McRae – Jimmy Maiden
- Elizabeth Omilami – Camilla
- Brian F. Durkin – Perry Adair
- John Shepherd – Bob Woodruff
- Happy Lashelle – Nell Woodruff
- Allen O'Reilly – Grantland Rice
Box office performance
The film received negative reviews with a 25% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. On Metacritic, which uses an average of critics' reviews, the film has a 45/100 rating, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- "BOBBY JONES - STROKE OF GENIUS (PG)`". British Board of Film Classification. 2005-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius at Box Office Mojo
- "Golf Channel sues local film company for $300K". 2005-04-04.
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius at Rotten Tomatoes
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius at Metacritic
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius at the Internet Movie Database
- Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius at allmovie