|Location||Tahoe National Forest
Nevada County, California
|Operator(s)||Bureau of Reclamation|
|Dam and spillways|
|Impounds||Little Truckee River|
|Height||93 ft (28 m)|
|Length||1,629 ft (497 m)|
|Total capacity||41,110 acre·ft (50,710,000 m3)|
|Catchment area||172 sq mi (450 km2)|
|Surface area||977 acres (3.95 km2)|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Boca Dam|
|Location||South end of Boca Reservoir, Nevada County, California, United States|
|Governing body||Washoe County Water Conservancy District|
|NRHP Reference #||81000712|
|Added to NRHP||1981|
Boca Dam (National ID No. CA10135) is an earthfill dam and a part of the Truckee Storage Project that encompasses Nevada County, California and Washoe County, Nevada in the United States. Open year-round, it is located at the southern end of Boca Reservoir, 1 mi (2 km) north of Interstate 80, 0.3 mi (480 m) above the confluence of the Little Truckee River and the Truckee River, and 6 mi (9.7 km) northeast of Truckee, California. Reno, Nevada lies 27 mi (43 km) to the east.
Boca Dam's area of significance includes agriculture, conservation, and engineering. It is administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, and operated by the Washoe County Water Conservation District. The technical point of contact is the United States District Court Water Master's Office in Reno. The dam's major period of significance was 1925 through 1949.
|Boca Dam bridge|
|Carries||Boca Dam Reservoir Road|
- Crest elevation: 5,615 ft (1,711 m)
- Structural height: 93 ft (28 m)
- Crest length: 1,629 ft (497 m)
- Top of joint use: 5,605 ft (1,708 m)
- Top of active conservation: 5,596.37 ft (1,706 m)
- Top of inactive conservation: N/A
- Spillway crest: 5,589 ft (1,704 m)
- Top of dead storage: 5,521 ft (1,683 m)
- Streambed at dam axis: 5,512 ft (1,680 m)
The dam is registered in the National Register of Historic Places. Its commemorative plaque states:
BOCA DAM 1937 - 1940
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
HAROLD L. ICKES...SECRETARY
BUREAU OF RECLAMATION
JOHN C. PAGE...COMMISSIONER
R. F. WALTER...CHIEF ENGINEER
L. J. FOSTER AND C. S. HALE CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERS
- "Boca Dam and Reservoir". truckee.com. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Boca Dam". cdavis.edu. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Boca Dam". nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Bureau of Reclamation (2009). Dam "Parker Dam". U.S. Departmentof the Interior. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- "National Register of Historic Places in Nevada County, California". noehill.com. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Department of Water Resources (2009). "Station Meta Data: Boca Dam (BOC)". California Data Exchange Center. State of California. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- Boca Dam at Noehill Travels in California