Bocconi University School of Law
|Bocconi University School of Law|
|Academic affiliation||Bocconi University|
|Location||Milan, Lombardy, Italy|
|Website||School of Law|
Bocconi University School of Law is based at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy, and was formally established in 2006. The school of law is a consolidation of a pre-existing tradition in legal studies at Bocconi University under the aegis of the "A. Sraffa" Institute of Comparative Law. A formal degree in law has been offered at Bocconi University since 1999.
Bocconi University School of Law currently offers a combined BSc and MSc in Law, participates in the Specialization School for Legal Professions together with the University of Pavia and organises a Summer Academy in cooperation with the University of Trento and the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
Bocconi Legal Papers is a student-edited working paper series which publishes legal scholarly articles. Established in April 2008 under the name Italian Legal Scholarship Unbound Working Paper Series, the publication was later renamed when its affiliation with Bocconi University School of Law became official.
Bocconi Legal Papers is issued by a student group at Bocconi University School of Law under the supervision of several faculty advisers, and it has also released a citation manual for Italian legal sources under a Creative Commons license.
Bocconi Legal Papers constitutes the first example of a working paper series in the field of student-run legal publications. This format has been argued to be more in tune with the academic and editorial background of European legal scholarly publishing, which is largely dominated by peer-reviewed journals. Namely, the idea behind this working paper series is to create an additional level of feedback prior to final publication in a journal run by academics, thereby complementing the role of peer-reviewed venues as a showcase for quality scholarship.
The following persons have been editor-in-chief of the journal, in their senior year at Bocconi:
- Luigi Russi
- Matteo Mattioni
- Anna Salvo and Danilo Santoboni
- Villy de Luca
- Domenico Garofalo
- Michela Riminucci
- Maria Lucia Passador
Specialization School for Legal Professions
The Specialization School for Legal Professions is a joint venture, established in 2001, between Bocconi University School of Law and the University of Pavia. Courses held at the school are addressed to postgraduate students with a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Law, and offer preparation courses for the bar, public notary and judiciary exams.
Themis is an academic network joining Bocconi University School of Law with ESADE, Free University Berlin and the University of Paris XII. The network offers the possibility to qualified law students from either of the participant schools to earn, along with a suitable academic qualification from their home university, also an international Themis certificate, requiring completion of a semester abroad, an internship, and participation in the Themis programme seminar. Students are also required to attend a specified number of courses during a semester spent abroad, at one of the universities of the network.
- Storia - Università Bocconi
- Bocconi: Giurisprudenza arriva alla laurea, Edscuola Board, 23 Maggio, 2001 (in Italian)
- D. Ripamonti, A scuola di Giurisprudenza, Via Sarfatti 25, June 4, 2009 (in Italian)
- Italian Legal Scholarship Unbound Working Paper Series (ILSU Wps), Diritto & Diritti, April 10, 2008
- Bocconi Legal Papers: About
- 'Law & Globalization' Call for Papers, Edublawg, March 16, 2009
- Busnach Ravenna, J., LexIndex - Regole per una corretta citazione giuridica (Milan: Italian Legal Scholarship Unbound Working Paper Series, 2008)
- Longobardi, F. & Russi, L.(2009), A Tiny Heart Beating: Student-Edited Legal Periodicals in Good Ol' Europe, German Law Journal 10:7, at 1140
- Longobardi, F. & Russi, L.(2009), A Tiny Heart Beating: Student-Edited Legal Periodicals in Good Ol' Europe, German Law Journal 10:7, at 1144
- Italian Legal Scholarship Unbound, Il Nuovo Diritto-Sezione News, June 20, 2009
- Longobardi, F. & Russi, L.(2009), A Tiny Heart Beating: Student-Edited Legal Periodicals in Good Ol' Europe, German Law Journal 10:7, at 1144-45
- Bando di Concorso Scuola di Specializzazione per le Professioni Legali a.a. 2009-2010 (in Italian)
- Themis: The International Legal Network of Excellence
- Bocconi University School of Law - Official Website
- Bocconi University - Official International Website
- The Specialization School for Legal Professions - Official website of the Specialization School for Legal Professions
- Bocconi School of Law Student-Edited Papers - Official Website of Bocconi School of Law Student-Edited Papers