Body Language (Jesse McCartney song)
|Single by Jesse McCartney featuring T-Pain|
|from the album Departure: Recharged|
|Released||September 8, 2009 (U.S. radio + Digital Download)
November 2, 2009 (Brazil)
|Genre||Pop, dance-pop, R&B|
|Length||3:39 (Album version)
3:42 (Single version)
|Writer(s)||Jesse McCartney, James Bunton, Corron Ty Cole|
|Jesse McCartney featuring T-Pain singles chronology|
It has been officially announced by McCartney during his tour that this would be his next single during this summer as a follow up to the successful hit "Leavin'" which was released the previous summer as well as the previous singles, "It's Over" and "How Do You Sleep?". It was released as a remix featuring T-Pain. The remix is almost identical to the track of the album except for certain parts of the song which is sung by T-Pain.
Release and composition
The single version featuring T-Pain became available as a digital download on September 8, 2009. It was sent to U.S. radio on the same day. "Body Language" consists of a line of lyric adopted from "Leavin'", McCartney's most successful single to date as a mark of similarities between the two tracks. The line "The thing you got behind you is amazing" was exactly the same in both the singles. "Body Language" was also a blend of few different languages in the form of short phrases and words such as parlez vous francais?, konnichiwa and chica. All three of the phrase and word is repeated during the chorus and is French, Japanese and Spanish respectively.
- "Body Language (without T-Pain)" – 3:39
- "Body Language (feat. T-Pain)" – 3:42
- Body Language (The Element Club - No Rap) 6:35
- Body Language (The Element Club) [feat. T-Pain] 6:55
- Body Language (The Bimbo Jones Dub) 6:40
- Body Language (The Element Extended Radio Edit - No Rap) 4:53
- Body Language (The Element Radio Edit) 4:34
- Body Language (The Element Extended Radio Edit) [feat. T-Pain] 5:22
- Body Language (DJ Mike Cruz Tribal Vox Mix [No Drop]) 8:31
- Body Language (DJ Mike Cruz Tribal Vox (No Drop Mix)) 8:16
- Body Language (DJ Mike Cruz Dubamental) 8:31
- Body Language (DJ Mike Cruz Radio Edit) 4:31
- Body Language (with T-Pain) (Video) - 3:50
The music video was released on September 8, 2009. The video shows 3 different shots: First- McCartney & T-Pain on the studio, recording the song. Second- McCartney performing the song on his show. Third- Shots of women walking on a beach.
"Body Language" debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at #84. It fell off the next week, but re-entered at #71 and has reached a peak of #35.
|Canadian Hot 100||78|
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|US Billboard Pop Songs||23|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs||10|
- "iTunes - Music - Body Language (feat. T-Pain) - Single by Jesse McCartney". Itunes.apple.com. 2009-09-08. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Jesse McCartney Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Club Music, Hot Dance Songs, Club Songs, Dance Club Music Charts". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16.