|Traded as||LSE: BOY|
|Headquarters||Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom|
|Alan Thomson (Chairman)
Stephen Harris (CEO)
|Revenue||£619.6 million (2013)|
|£102.1 million (2013)|
|£73.1 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|5 700 (2014)|
Bodycote plc is a supplier of heat treatments, metal joining, hot isostatic pressing and coatings services. Based in Macclesfield, United Kingdom, it is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
It refocused on its present activities in the 1970s, particularly in bullet-proof and flame retardant clothing in the specialist materials sector. From 1979 onwards it made a series of acquisitions, the first of which was Blandburgh, a heat treatment business. In 1980 it went on to buy Zinc Alloy Rust Proofing Ltd, which was the beginning of its metallurgical coatings business.
In 1990 Bodycote acquired Metallurgical Testing Services Ltd (MTS) of Edinburgh from Murray International plc, laying the foundations for what would become Bodycote's materials testing business. In 2008 the materials testing division was sold to private ownership leading to the founding of the testing company Exova. In 1991 it bought HIP Ltd, a leading Hot Isostatic Processing business.
The company changed its name from Bodycote International plc to Bodycote plc in April 2008.
The Company has three divisions:
- Heat Treatments & Metal Joining: operates computerised heat treatment centres and metal joining facilities which undertake contract work for the aerospace, power generation, automotive, railway and general engineering industries.
- Hot Isostatic Pressing: works with the power generation, precision castings, automotive, aerospace, precision tooling and medical engineering industries.
- Metallurgical Coatings: operates coating centres which provide ceramic coatings, sherardizing, zinc flake organic coatings, mechanical plating, PVD coatings, and anodising.
- DENSAL II
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Bodycote History
- Bodycote International plc completes acquisition of Lindberg Corporation
- Change of name Bodycote, April 2008
- Bodycote: What we do