Boerne Independent School District
|Boerne Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 20|
|NCES District ID||4810710|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||457.15 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.98 (2009-10)|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Boerne Independent School District is a public school district based in Boerne, Texas (USA). Located in Kendall County, portions of the district extend into Bexar and Comal counties. In addition to Boerne, the communities of Fair Oaks Ranch and Scenic Oaks also lie within the district.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $4,477,920,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.027 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in twelve schools.
High Schools (Grades 9-12)
Middle Schools (Grades 7-8)
- Boerne Middle School North
- Boerne Middle School South
- Cibolo Creek Elementary (Grades PK-6)
- Curington Elementary (Grades PK-6)
- Fabra Elementary (Grades PK-6)
- Fair Oaks Ranch Elementary (Grades K-6)
- Fair Oaks Ranch Elementary was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School for the 2000-01 school year. From 2004 through 2011, the school received an exemplary campus accountability rating from the Texas Education Agency. The school has also been listed in The Best Public Schools: Texas Monthly.
- Kendall Elementary (Grades K-6)
- Meadowlands (Grades K-12)
- Boerne Alternative School (Grades K-12)
Awards and honors
Over 700 Advanced Placement Program exams were administered to Boerne High School students in the last year for which statistics have been made available, at a school with less than 2,000 students.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Boerne ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- 2008 No Child Left Behind – Blue Ribbon Schools All Public and Private Schools by State (PDF)
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)