Bohdan Stupka in 2008
|Born||Bohdan Sylvestrovych Stupka
September 27, 1941
Kulykiv, Lviv oblast
|Died||July 22, 2012
Bohdan Sylvestrovych Stupka (Ukrainian: Богдан Ступка; August 27, 1941 – July 22, 2012) was a popular Ukrainian actor and the minister of culture of Ukraine. He was born in Kulików, Poland. In 2001 he was a member of the jury at the 23rd Moscow International Film Festival. At the 26th Moscow International Film Festival he won the award for Best Actor for his role in Our Own.
Stupka was recognized as the most famous living Ukrainian actor. He has played more than a hundred roles in films and over fifty in theaters. Stupka has been awarded the title Artist of Ukraine and People's Artist of the USSR. Hero of Ukraine (The Order of the State) (2011).
- 1970 - White Bird with Black Mark
- 1984 - Stolen Happiness
- 1991 - Sin
- 1993 - Fuchzhou
- 1999 - With Fire and Sword
- 1999 - East/West
- 2001 - A Prayer for Hetman Mazepa
- 2003 - An Ancient Tale: When the Sun Was a God
- 2004 - A Driver for Vera
- 2004 - Our Own
- 2005 - Stealing Tarantino
- 2007 - The Russian Triangle
- 2007 - 1814
- 2007 - Two in One
- 2008 - Sappho
- 2008 - A Heart on a Palm
- 2009 - Taras Bulba
- 2010 - Chantrapas
- "Помер Богдан Ступка". Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "23rd Moscow International Film Festival (2001)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- "26th Moscow International Film Festival (2004)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- Government allocates Hr 550,000 for medical treatment of actor Stupka, Kyiv Post (February 8, 2011)
- Korolevska recruits acting, sports stars for campaign, Kyiv Post (Aug. 2, 2012)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bohdan Stupka.|
|This article about a Ukrainian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|