Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits
|Founder||Jack Fulk, Richard Thomas|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina|
Number of locations
|Clifton Rutledge (CEO)|
|Products||Fast food, including fried chicken, biscuits, french fries aka cajun fries|
Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits is a Southeastern regional chain of fast food restaurants based in Charlotte, North Carolina, specializing in spicy, "Cajun" fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits. The company was founded in Charlotte, in 1977 by Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas.
During the time of Horn and Hardart's ownership the chain grew rapidly and expanded to 335 restaurants including 100 restaurants in Florida. Part of this growth was fueled by acquisitions including the Florida-based Biskits chain. The company opened its 600th restaurant on July 8, 2014, on Galleria Road in Charlotte.
In 1990, Horn and Hardart sold most of its interest to Sienna Partners and Interwest Partners. The company was then headed by former KFC executive, Dick Campbell. In 1994 the company attempted a public offering. Dick Campbell was subsequently replaced by CEO Jim Peterson. The company was sold to a group of investors headed by former Wendy's executive Joe Drury and financed by FMAC in 1998.
Bojangles' was purchased once again in 2007 by Falfurrias Capital Partners, a private equity firm. In August 2011, Falfurrias sold Bojangles' to Boston-based Advent International, another private equity firm, led by operating partner Will Kussell, formerly of Dunkin’ Donuts.
The company has restaurants in 10 states and the District of Columbia and three restaurants in Honduras. Bojangles' opened its first Kentucky location, since the closure of two Louisville locations during the 1990s, in late July 2014.
Cheddar Bo, with cheddar cheese in a buttermilk biscuit, was available only in eastern North Carolina and Virginia. In January 2015, it was offered at 500 locations in the Southeastern United States for a limited time.
- It’s Bo Time Again in Greenwood As Bojangles’ Opens Its Second Restaurant in the Area
- "Contact". Bojangles'. Retrieved on October 1, 2012. "Support Center 9432 Southern Pine Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28273-5553"
- McKibben, William (October 4, 1982). "Bojangles'". The Talk of the Town. The New Yorker. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Adams-Heard, Rachel. (2014, July 9). Bojangles' reaches a milestone: 600 stores. The Charlotte Observer: retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Chicken Franchise Spreads Its Wings". Greater Charlotte Biz. September 2005.
- "Bojangles' Acquired". QSR Magazine. Sep 13, 2007.
- "Bojangles". Advent International. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Blake, Casey (2015-01-03). "Answer Woman: Eagle Market Place delays? New Bo biscuit?". Asheville Citizen-Times. Retrieved 2015-01-03.