||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2013)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
The Bollock Brothers are a British Punk act formed in 1979 by the London promoter, DJ and manager Jock McDonald and are latterly best known for their English language cover of Serge Gainsbourg's song "Harley David (Son of a Bitch)" (originally in French) and Alex Harvey's "Faith Healer".
As well as being renowned for their self penned creations such as "Horror Movies", "The Bunker", "The Legend Of The Snake" and "The Slow Removal of The Left Ear of Vincent van Gogh" which featured Martin Glover of the band Killing Joke, they are known for their release of cover versions by artists as diverse as Led Zeppelin, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Steppenwolf, David Bowie and Vangelis among others.
Always on the lookout for clever publicity, their 1983 electro version of the Sex Pistols' album Never Mind The Bollocks received critical acclaim and featured Michael Fagan, the man who famously entered the Queen's bedchamber at Buckingham Palace. Jimmy Lydon, brother of Johnny Rotten was a featured vocalist for a short while in the early 1980s.
In 1994, Croydon based DJ Andy Hubbard aka "Alby" remixed Faith Healer at the Alaska Studios in Waterloo, London. The record although widely acclaimed on the club scene unfortunately was never released and the original DAT copy was held by Jock McDonald. Andy Hubbard also replaced the original keyboard player for a gig later that year in Wuppertal, Germany.
Having released nine studio albums as well as many other EPs, singles, live releases and compilations the band continues to be a popular live draw throughout Europe although primarily in Belgium, Germany and France. They are currently working on new material as well as a remix album featuring contributions from 2 Many DJs among others.
Spin-off bands include Soldier Bike.
- The Last Supper (Charly Records) March 1983
- Never Mind The Bollocks 1983 (Charly Records) August 1983
- The 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse (Charly Records) 1985
- The Prophecies Of Nostradamus (Blue Turtle Records) December 1987
- Mythology (Blue Turtle Records) February 1989
- The Dead Sea Scrolls (SPV Records) September 1991 (as The Famous B. Brothers)
- Blood, Sweat And Beers (GUN Records) July 1996
- Last Will And Testament (MBC Records) March 2009
- Live Performances (Charly Records) January 1984
- In Private In Public (Charly Records) December 1986 (as The Famous Bollock Brothers)
- Live & Dangerous (MBC Records) March 2012
- 10 In A Row, Here We Go – Live at Coesfeld Fabrik (EmuBands), September 2013
- One Of The Lads (Island Records) November 1979 (as 4" Be 2")
- Frustration (WEA Records) 27 June 1980 (as 4" Be 2")
- The Bunker (McDonald Lydon Records, re-released 1983 by Charly Records) October 1980
- Good Old Arsenal (AFC) November 1980 (as The Sex Bristols)
- Why Won't Rangers Sign A Catholic? (no label) 1980 (as Pope Paul And The Romans)
- The Act Became Real (McDonald And Lydon Records) February 1981
- All Of The Lads (McDonald And Lydon Records) March 1981 (als 4" Be 2")
- We'll Be There (McDonald And Lydon Records) May 1981 (as Rabbie Burns + The Ticket Touts)
- The Slow Removal Of Vincent van Gogh's Left Ear (Charly Records) October 1982
- Drac's Back (Magnet Records, re-released 1983 by Charly Records) 1982 (as Red Lipstique)
- Oscar Wilde (Charly Records) 1983 (as Red Lipstique)
- Horror Movies (Charly Records) March 1983 (as The B.B.s)
- Are You Durty (Charly Records) 1983 (as Jock McDonald's Indecent Exposure Show)
- God Save The Queen (Charly Records) July 1983 (as Michael Fagan and The Bollock Brothers)
- Shame, Shame, Shame (Charly Disco International) October 1983 (as Red Lipstique)
- The Prince And The Showgirl (InDisc) October 1984
- Legend Of The Snake (Charly/Green Line Records) 1985 (as The Famous B. Brothers)
- Drac's Back (Charly Records) 1986 (as The Famous Bollock Brothers)
- Faith Healer (Charly Records) 1986 (as Bollock Brothers)
- Return Of The Vampyre (McDonald Bros Corp) 1986 (split 12" single with Sex Pistols)
- Harley David (Play It Again Sam) January 1987
- God Created Woman (Blue Turtle Records) January 1988
- Brigitte Bardot (Blue Turtle Records) January 1988
- Don't Call Us, We Call You (SPV Records) May 1992
- My Way (GUN Records) 1995
- Where Is My Girl (GUN Records) 1996
- Cyber Polaroid (MBC Records, mail order only) October 2005 (as The Bollock Brothers feat. Lolita)
- The French Connection feat. Le Hand Of Le Frog (MBC Records) 2010
- D Wing (UD, Japanese Bootleg) 1981 (as 4" Be 2")
- Bollock Brothers, Bollock Sisters (Konexion Records) 1986
- '77-'78-'79 (MBC Records) 1986
- Family Album (MBC Records) November 1986 (as The Lydons and The O'Donnells)
- 14 Carat Gold - The Best Of The Bollock Brothers (SPV Records) May 1993
- The Best Of The Bollocks (Charly Schallplatten) 1994
- Dancin' Masters (Past & Present) (MBC Records) 1994
- The Sex Pistols Vs. The Bollock Brothers (MBC Records) 1996 (split CD with Sex Pistols)
- What A Load Of Bollocks! (MBC Records) January 2000
- 25th Anniversary (MBC Records) August 2001
- Jesus Lives (MBC Records) October 2001
- Twice The Balls (Recall Records) August 2002
- Ladykillers (MBC Records) March 2007
- Home Video (MBC Films) 1986
- Live In Europe (MBC Films) 1987
- Home Video & Live In Europe 2xVHS Boxset (MBC Films)
The current members are Jock McDonald (vocals), Chris McKelvey (guitar), Richard Collins (bass), Klaus Fiehe, Patrick Pattyn (drums) and Morgan Michaux (keyboard).
Their current album "Last Will & Testament" is dedicated to their longtime keyboard player "Big Mark" Humphries, who died on March 31, 2008.