Bolpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|— Vidhan Sabha constituency —|
|Lok Sabha constituency||41. Bolpur (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||201,049 (20110|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 286 Bolpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Bolpur municipality, Ilambazar community development block and Raipur Supur, Ruppur and Sattor gram panchayats of Bolpur Sriniketan community development block.
Election results 
In the 2011 elections, Chandranath Singha of Trinamool Congress defeated Tapan Hore of RSP.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Bolpur |
|Trinamool Congress||Chandranath Singha||89,394||50.51||+16.03#|
|People’s Democratic Conference of India||Marjina Khatun||3,291|
|Jharkhand Disom Party||Lakshmiram Kisku||1,836|
|Trinamool Congress gain from RSP||Swing||+33.42#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||4|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006, 2001, 1996 and 1991 state assembly elections Tapan Hore of RSP won the Bolpur assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Chittaranjan Rakshit of Trinamool Congress in 2006, Dr. Sushobhan Banerjee of Trinamool Congress in 2001, Shibshankar Banerjee of Congress in 1996 and Dr. Sushobhan Banerjee of Congress in 1991. Tarapada Ghosh of RSP defeated Dr. Sushobhan Banerjee of Congress in 1987. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In a by-election necessitated by the death of sitting MLA Jyotsna Kumar Gupta, Dr. Sushovan Banerjee of Congress won the seat in 1984. Jyotsna Kumar Gupta of RSP defeated Dr. Sushobhan Banerjee of Congress in 1982 and Gourhari Chandra of Congress in 1977.
Harashankar Bhattacharya of CPI won in 1971. Prasanta Mukherjee of CPI(M) won in 1971. Panna Lal Dasgupta, Independent, won in 1969. R.K.Sinha, Independent, won in 1967. Radha Krishna Singha of RSP won in 1962. Amarendra Nath Sarkar of Congress won in 1957. Hanseswar Roy and Bhusan Hansdah, both of Congress, jointly won the Bolpur seat in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Bolpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bolpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Bolpur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "284 - Bolpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-01.