Bolton bus station
|Locale||Moor Lane, Bolton|
|Managed by||Transport for Greater Manchester|
|No. of stands||25, plus 6 stops outside on Blackhorse Street|
|Operators||First Greater Manchester
Arriva North West
South Lancs Travel
Stagecoach in Lancashire
|Rail connection||Bolton Interchange|
Bolton bus station is a bus station in the town of Bolton, in Greater Manchester. It is run by Transport for Greater Manchester. The bus station is on Moor Lane but will be moved to nearby Newport Street as part as of an expanded Bolton Interchange in 2014.
In January 2010, Transport for Greater Manchester (then the GMPTE) started a public consultation about the development of a bus station on Newport Street, replacing the bus station on Moor Lane and the small bus interchange at the railway station.
Plans for the bus station, designed by architects, Aedas were submitted to the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton in April 2010 and were approved in June 2010. The plans were amended and a second consultation took place between October and December 2010. Approval for construction was granted in March 2012  and the bus station will open at the end of the 2014 at a cost of £48 million.
The majority of services that serve Bolton bus station are run by First Greater Manchester. Other operators include Arriva North West, Lancashire United, Maytree Travel, Rossendalebus, South Lancs Travel, Stagecoach Manchester and Stagecoach in Lancashire.
There are frequent buses running to Bury, Chorley, Leigh, Manchester, Preston, Radcliffe, Rochdale and Wigan, plus several parts of the Bolton area, such as Breightmet, Deane, Harwood, Farnworth, Great Lever, Harwood and Horwich. Buses also run to Blackburn, Burnley, Clitheroe, Darwen, Rawtenstall and Trafford Centre.
- "Bolton's £48m bus station plans approved". BBC News. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "GMPTE.com – Corporate – Bolton Bus Station (design) – Public Consultation". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Bolton Bus Station". Aedas. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "A new bus station for Bolton – Detailed Design Public Consultation". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Full speed ahead for £48m bus and train interchange". The Bolton News. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.