From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Bolus (disambiguation))
|Look up bolus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bolus can refer to
- Bolus (medicine), the administration of a drug, medication or other substance in the form of a single, large dose (not in a slow manner, hence the rate[kinetics] of drug administration under bolus mode can be determined and neglected during the derivation of the kinectic equation)
- Bolus (radiation therapy), a tissue equivalent substance used in radiation therapy
- Bolus (digestion), a ball-shaped mass moving through the digestive tract
- Bolus tracking, technique used in computed tomography imaging, to visualise vessels more clearly
- Triple bolus test, a medical diagnostic procedure used to assess pituitary function
- Bolus of Mendes (3rd century BC), esoteric Greek Philosopher.
- Harry Bolus (1834–1911), South African botanist, botanical artist, businessman and philanthropist.
- Malvina Bolus (1906–1997), Canadian historian and art collector, and editor of the Hudson's Bay Company magazine The Beaver.
- Brian Bolus (born 1934), former English cricketer who played in 7 Tests from 1963
- Frank Bolus (1864–1939), English cricketer for Somerset
- Bolus, or Baulus, an Anatolian village on the site of ancient Berissa
- Bolus, Iran, a village in Ardabil Province, Iran
- Bolus (spaceflight), a type of space tether
- bole, a reddish soft variety of clay used as a pigment, such as bolus armenus
- Vigilante Bolus, an insecticide used with cattle to reduce the number of flies in an area
- Bolus Herbarium, a herbarium at the University of Cape Town established in 1865 from a donation by Harry Bolus
- Zeeuwse Bolus, a pastry from the Netherlands
- Bolus hook, an instrument in a Jacquard loom
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.