|Birth name||Bomani Jones|
August 26, 1980 |
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Show||The Evening Jones|
Bomani Jones (born August 26, 1980) is a Co-host of the daily sports talk show Highly Questionable with Dan Le Batard on ESPN2. Jones is a regular panelist on Around the Horn and he also appears on Outside the Lines on ESPN and ESPN First Take on ESPN2. He is the host of The Evening Jones. He has also written for SB Nation, Salon and Page 2 at ESPN.com. His sister is award-winning novelist Tayari Jones.
Born in Atlanta, grew up in Houston before moving back to Atlanta for college. Jones graduated from Clark Atlanta University with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He followed that up with a master’s in politics, economics and business from Claremont Graduate University and a master’s in economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In January 2010, Jones launched his radio show, The Morning Jones, which was hosted out of Durham, North Carolina. The show ended on August 30, 2011. Bomani currently hosts his own internet show,The Evening Jones every Monday.
Bomani & Jones debuted on SB Nation's YouTube channel. New episodes run every Monday and Thursday.
Beginning in September 2013, Jones appears regularly on Dan Le Batard's ESPN2 show, Dan Le Batard Is Highly Questionable, where he discusses major sports stories with Le Batard. Around the same time, he began guest hosting on the The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz radio show on The Ticket Miami on Wednesdays.
- Jones, Bomani. "The Evening Jones". http://www.theeveningjones.com. Old Soul Productions.
- "Bomani Jones About".
- "Houston, Part III".
- "Can you believe I’ve been writing for 13 years? | Media Personality". Bomani Jones. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- [dead link]
- Jones, Bomani. "Tuesday will be the final episode of The Morning Jones".
- "Bomani Jones signs new deal with ESPN". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- Cain, Brooke (2013-05-25). "Local sports talk personality makes the move to ESPN | Television". NewsObserver.com. Retrieved 2013-07-29.