Bon Voyage! (1962 film)
1962 Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||James Neilson|
|Produced by||Walt Disney
|Written by||James A. Herne
|Cinematography||William E. Snyder|
|Editing by||Cotton Warburton|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|Running time||130 minutes|
|Box office||$5.5 million (rentals)|
Bon Voyage! is a 1962 Walt Disney film directed by James Neilson and released by Buena Vista Distribution Company. Following their practice of the time, it was also issued as a comic book and an adaptation appeared in the comic strip Walt Disney's Treasury of Classic Tales. It stars Fred MacMurray, Jane Wyman, Deborah Walley, Tommy Kirk and Kevin Corcoran as the Willard family on a European holiday. The family crossed the Atlantic Ocean on SS United States which survives today, stripped and moored at Pier 82 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
I thought Jane Wyman was a hard, cold woman and I got to hate her by the time I was through with Bon Voyage. Of course, she didn't like me either, so I guess it came natural. I think she had some suspicion that I was gay and all I can say is that, if she didn't like me for that, she doesn't like a lot of people.
Bon Voyage! was the tenth most popular film of 1962, grossing $11,000,000.
- "All-Time Top Grossers", Variety, 8 January 1964, pg 69.
- Movie Classic #068
- "James Millhollin". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- CAGNEY TO HEAD 'BON VOYAGE' CAST: Actor Signs for Third Film at Universal--Columbia Plans 'Wackiest Ship' Ladd Firm Buys Story By THOMAS M. PRYOR Special to The New York Times.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 15 July 1957: 15
- Minton, Kevin, "Sex, Lies, and Disney Tape: Walt’s Fallen Star", Filmfax Issue 38, April 1993 p 71
- "1962 in film". Wikipedia. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "The 35th Academy Awards (1963) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|