Bonanza: The Return
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2007)|
|Bonanza: The Return|
|Directed by||Jerry Jameson|
|Produced by||Tom Brinson
|Written by||David Dortort
Michael Landon Jr
Michael Landon Jr.
|Music by||Bruce Miller|
|Cinematography||Haskell B. Boggs|
|Editing by||John Loeffler|
|Running time||93 minutes|
Bonanza: The Return is a 1993 TV-movie sequel to both the 1959-1973 television series Bonanza and the 1988 made-for-television film Bonanza: The Next Generation . The movie was directed by Jerry Jameson and featured noted character actors Ben Johnson, Jack Elam, Dean Stockwell, Linda Gray, and Richard Roundtree.
None of the characters from the original series appears since the entire cast, with the exception of Pernell Roberts, was dead. Michael Landon, Jr. and Dirk Blocker, sons of the original series' stars, do appear. This film was followed two years later with the TV-movie Bonanza: Under Attack.
The setting is The Ponderosa in the year 1905. Augustus Brandenburg (Dean Stockwell), a land baron, attempts to take the Ponderosa first by legal, and then by illegal means, in order to strip the land of its natural resources. The story includes several flashbacks to the original series.
- Ben Johnson ... Bronc Evans
- Michael Landon, Jr. ... 'Benj' Cartwright
- Emily Warfield ... Sara Cartwright
- Brian Leckner ... Josh Cartwright
- Richard Roundtree ... Jacob Briscoe
- Jack Elam ... Buckshot
- Dirk Blocker ... Walter Fenster
- David Sage ... Miller Swanson
- Stewart Moss ... Preston McAdam
- Dean Stockwell ... Augustus Brandenburg
- Linda Gray ... Abigail 'Laredo' Stimmons
- John Ingle ... Judge Jefferson MacKenzie
- Archie Lang ... Dr. Green
- Richard Fullerton ... Head Surveyor
- Charles Gunning ... Otis
|This 1990s Western film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|