|Genres||Dance-punk, electronic rock, indie rock|
Bonaparte is the stage name of Berlin-based Swiss electronic rock songwriter and producer Tobias Jundt. Jundt is the only permanent member in the studio, collaborating with up to 30 other live musicians and performers when touring.
The band is characterized by their expressive critically acclaimed live performances. German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel describes the band as "A multi-ethnic group ruled by the party-Kaiser; a trash circus unleashed".
The band is also known for its celebration of hedonism. Typical are a few lines from the album Too Much: "You know Tolstoy/I know Playboy [...]/You know politics/I know party-chicks [...]/You know too much too much." The Berliner Zeitung describes the band as "analoge Bohème," whilst the GZB makes reference to them as the best band in the world on a short track entitled "I want to party with the Bonaparte.".
- "Radio Award Für Neue Musik" from Popkomm, Germany, 2008
- "Style Award Domestic" from Musikexpress, Germany, 2009
- "Too Much" No. 1 Biggest Hit in 2009 from 78s Magazine, Switzerland, 2009
- "Best Art Project" from 16 Tons Awards, Moscow, Russia, 2009
- Tobias Jundt is the only permanent member of the group.
- Too Much (2008)
- My Horse Likes You (2010)
- Sorry, We're Open (2012)
- Bonaparte (2014)
- OST Beck's Letzter Sommer (album) (2015)
- Remuched (2009) (Double CD with remixes and live material)
- Rave Rave Remix (2011) (Remix album)
- 0110111 - Quantum Physics & A Horseshoe (2011) (Live DVD and soundtrack)
- Too Much (2008) (CD)
- Computer in Love (2010) (10' Vinyl with Remixes by Modeselektor, Siriusmo, Jason Forrest)
- Fly a Plane Into Me (2010) (7' Vinyl. b-side: Things Are More Like They Are Now)
- Louie, Louie (2012) (free digital download only)
- Quarantine (2012) (12' vinyl with Remixes by a.o. Housemeister)
- Mañana Forever (2013) (digital only)
- 2007: Die Piratenbraut – "12345und20" (Der Kleine Remix by Bonaparte)
- 2007: Mother's Ruin – "Godzilla vs. Bonaparte"
- 2009: Kissogram – "The Deserter" (Bonaparte Remix)
- 2011: Housemeister – "Music Is Awesome" (Bonaparte Remake Radio Edit & Extended Version)
- 2011: The Monsters – "I Want You" (Bonaparte Remix)
- 2012: MIA. – "Fallschirm" (Bonaparte Remix)
- 2012: Die Ärzte – "Ist das noch Punkrock?" (Bonaparte Remix)
- 2013: Dagobert – "Ich bin zu jung" (Bonaparte Remix)