From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up boney in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Boney is a slang term for someone who is skinny, or lacks fat. It also has several other uses:
- "Boney" was often what the British called Napoleon Bonaparte, it being both short and displaying a certain lack of respect. Boneys referred to the French military under Napoleon, as in Thomas Hardy's The Trumpet-Major.
- Boney (TV series) was an Australian television series, based on the character Bony, created by Arthur Upfield
- Boney James is a popular jazz saxophonist (born 1961)
- "Boney" is a well-known short-haul sea shanty. The verses generally give a reasonably accurate account of the life and exploits of Napoleon.
- "Boney" was a dinosaur character on the Nickelodeon television series Weinerville
- In the Game Boy Advance game Mother 3, "Boney" is a dog, and one of the playable characters throughout much of the game
- Boney M., pop and disco group from the 1970s.
- Hank Boney (1903–2002), Major League Baseball pitcher
- "Boney" is also a South African slang word for a motorcycle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.