Khumalo in Poland
|Full name||Bongani Sandile Khumalo|
|Date of birth||6 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Manzini, Swaziland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|Current club||Doncaster Rovers|
|2011||→ Preston North End (loan)||6||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Reading (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ PAOK (loan)||22||(0)|
|2013–||→ Doncaster Rovers (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:50 30 August 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
In 2007 it was agreed that he would join South Africa giants Supersport United making 79 appearances scoring eight goals. Following the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Scottish Premier League club Rangers revealed on their website that they were interested in signing Khumalo and his South Africa teammate Katlego Mphela from Supersport United and Mamelodi Sundowns respectively. In August 2010, Khumalo's agent revealed that Tottenham Hotspur were looking to sign Khumalo in the January transfer window after he had accrued more game time with Supersport United and the national team. On 26 October, it was confirmed Spurs had reached an agreement with United to sign Khumalo in January 2011.
On 26 October 2010, it was announced that Khumalo would be joining Tottenham Hotspur in January 2011 from partner club Supersport United after a successful trial in September, subject to a work permit for a fee of £1.5 million. Tottenham confirmed the completion of Khumalo's transfer from Supersport United on 7 January 2011.
Preston North End (loan)
On 25 July 2011, Khumalo moved on a season-long loan to Championship club Reading. However following the arrival of Kaspars Gorkss from Queens Park Rangers, Khumalo's appearances were limited, and he did not play a first team game after August. On 1 February 2012, it was confirmed that Khumalo's loan would be terminated early, to allow him to return to Tottenham.
Doncaster Rovers (loan)
Khumalo was signed by Doncaster Rovers of the Championship for a season's loan on 31 July 2013. On 6 August in his second game for Rovers he scored the winner in a 1−0 victory against Rochdale in the League Cup.
Khumalo was named in the South African squad for the 2009 Confederations Cup and 2010 FIFA World Cup, both in South Africa. On 22 June 2010, Khumalo scored the first goal after 21 minutes against France as South Africa finished their World Cup campaign with a 2–1 win. Khumalo is the current captain of the South African national soccer team
|1.||22 June 2010||Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein, South Africa||France||0–1||1–2||2010 FIFA World Cup|
- "Bongani transfer complete". Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 7 January 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- "Bongani joins Preston". Preston North End F.C. 24 March 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Royals sign Khumalo on loan". Reading F.C. 25 July 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "Παρουσιάζεται στις 19.30 ο Κουμαλό". paok24.com. Retrieved 18 July 2012. (Greek)
- "BONGANI IN PAOK LOAN". tottenhamhotspur.com. Retrieved 18 July 2012. (English)
- "Bafana Bafana Captain Signs". DRFC Official Site. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Rochdale". BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Bevan, Chris (22 June 2010). "France 1–2 South Africa". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Bongani Khumalo – FIFA competition record
- Bongani Khumalo career stats at Soccerbase
- Bongani Khumalo at National-Football-Teams.com