Bonneville High School (Idaho Falls, Idaho)
|Bonneville High School|
|Southeast entrance in 2008|
|3165 East Iona Road
Idaho Falls, Idaho, U.S. 
|School district||Bonneville J.S.D. #93 |
|Principal||John Pymm |
|Assistant principals||Lance Miller
|Color(s)||Green, Gold, & White 
|Athletics||IHSAA Class 4A |
|Athletics conference||High Country (4A)|
Idaho Falls, Skyline
|Newspaper||BHS Buzz |
|Feeder schools||Rocky Mountain
|Elevation||4,765 ft (1,452 m) AMSL|
Bonneville High School is a four-year public secondary school near Idaho Falls, Idaho. Northeast of the city, it opened in 1952 and is the original high school of the Bonneville Joint School District #93, which consolidated ten smaller districts east of Idaho Falls. A second traditional high school in the district opened in 1992, Hillcrest in Ammon, and Bonneville now serves the northern portion. The school colors are green and gold and the mascot is a bee. Current enrollment is approximately 1,100. In 1950 the vote was put forward to bring together 10 little schools, some of them were Iona, Lincoln, Ammon, and Ucon. It passed however there was not a school for them to attend. The school that had the largest building at the time was Ammon so the high school students would attend there until a building could be built. The first class attended 1951 - 1952. As with some of the other new schools, the first graduating class could nominate the colors and mascot. The colors of a favorite football team was nominated, Green Bay Packers. In 1957 the "new" high school was built. It is the current Rocky Mountain Middle School. The students out grew the High School and did Split sessions in the 70's while a high school was being built next door. The first class to graduate from the current building was about 1978
Bonneville's rival is Hillcrest, which opened in 1992. The original rival was Idaho Falls, before Skyline arrived in the late 1960s. All three presently compete in Class 5A with the largest schools in the state.
- Soccer (2): fall (4A) 2007, 2010 (introduced in 2000)
- Basketball (1): (4A) 2003 
- Baseball (2): (A-1, now 5A) 1992, (4A) 2013  (records not kept by IHSAA, state tourney introduced in 1971)
- Volleyball (7): fall (A-1, now 5A) 1991, 1996, 1998; (4A) 2001, 2004, 2007, 2009  (introduced in 1976)
- Basketball (2): (4A) 2005, 2007  (introduced in 1976)
- Tennis (2): (4A) 2010, 2011  (combined team until 2008)
- John L. Smith, college football head coach, class of 1967.
- Mark Asper, NFL guard with Jacksonville Jaguars, class of 2004
- "BHS". Bonneville Joint School District. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Bonneville High School". Public School Review. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "History". Bonneville J.S.D. #93. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Idaho High School Activities Association". IHSAA. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Columbia Scholastic Press Association". Columbia University. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- idhsaa.org Soccer & Volleyball champions - through 2011
- idhsaa.org - Basketball champions - through 2012
- "4A state baseball tournament: 2013 bracket". IdahoSports.com. May 18, 2010. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- idhsaa.org - Girls Basketball champions - through 2012
- idhsaa.org - Tennis champions - through 2012