Location of Bonney, Texas
|• Total||1.7 sq mi (4.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.7 sq mi (4.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||46 ft (14 m)|
|• Density||231.8/sq mi (89.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1379443|
Bonney is located at .(29.311069, -95.450918)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.4 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 384 people, 126 households, and 101 families residing in the village. The population density was 231.8 people per square mile (89.3/km²). There were 136 housing units at an average density of 82.1/sq mi (31.6/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 69.53% White, 10.16% African American, 1.04% Native American, 1.30% Asian, 14.32% from other races, and 3.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 29.95% of the population.
There were 126 households out of which 54.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.5% were married couples living together, 8.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.8% were non-families. 15.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.05 and the average family size was 3.45.
In the village the population was spread out with 34.1% under the age of 18, 8.3% from 18 to 24, 37.2% from 25 to 44, 15.9% from 45 to 64, and 4.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 112.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $41,750, and the median income for a family was $44,688. Males had a median income of $26,389 versus $22,885 for females. The per capita income for the village was $15,368. About 3.1% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.6% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Government and infrastructure
The Rosharon Volunteer Fire Department provides fire services for Bonney.
Students in Bonney are served by the Angleton Independent School District.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "RAMSEY (R1)." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- "STRINGFELLOW (R2)." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- "C. T. TERRELL (R3)." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Home page. Rosharon Volunteer Fire Department. Retrieved on September 17, 2010.