July 12, 1972
Bonnie Burton (born July 12, 1972) is a San Francisco-based author, journalist, comedian, actress and show host. From 2003 to 2012, she worked as a Senior Editor for Star Wars.com and staff writer for Star Wars Insider magazine, and was the Senior Editor of the Official Star Wars Blog. Burton's books include The Star Wars Craft Book (Random House), You Can Draw Star Wars (DK Publishing), Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Klutz Books), Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change (Zest Publishing), Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Planets in Peril (DK Readers) and Never Threaten to Eat Your Co-Workers (Apress).
In addition to her time spent writing for StarWars.com, Burton has a personal website at Grrl.com and has written for magazines including Craft, Bust, Digit, Geek Monthly, Organic Gardening, Wired, Yahoo! Internet Life. Burton writes a monthly geek girl column for SFX magazine and a contributing writer to CNET.
Burton wrote a craft book dedicated to Star Wars, The Star Wars Craft Book, with craft tutorials for projects including Chewbacca Sock Puppets, Ewok Flower Vases, and AT-AT Herb Gardens.
In 2009, Burton compiled a discussion of relational aggression under the title "Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change". Burton outlines the physical and chemical explanations for mood swings that can cause seemingly irrational behavior in teenage girls and offers advice for managing relationships with ‘mean girls.’ Burton shares how readers can recognize these habits and behaviors in themselves and make changes to improve their relationships and stop perpetuating the cycle. The book draws upon interviews with Go-Gos guitarist Jane Wiedlin, Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer and actress Mary Jo Pehl, tattoo artist Hannah Aitchison, Tegan Quin of the band Tegan and Sara, artist Elizabeth McGrath and singer/artist Jessicka from the bands Jack Off Jill and Scarling.
Burton's book Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars provides instructions teaching readers how to draw 20 different Clone Wars characters.
Burton's book You Can Draw: Star Wars provides tips, tracings, fold out pages and stencils to help readers draw a range of characters from the Star Wars universe.
Written for younger readers, Star Wars: Clone Wars: Planets in Peril focuses on the newest worlds from the Clone Wars universe, and how they're being affected by fighting.
Burton's 2004 book Never Threaten To Eat Your Co-Workers shows the virtual diaries of a cross section of the people who dwell online.
Burton hosts a crafts show called Geek DIY on Stan Lee's World of Heroes YouTube channel, and also hosts the show Ask Bonnie, and co-hosts Vaginal Fantasy Hangout with Felicia Day, Veronica Belmont and Kiala Kazbee.
She hosted the Denver music video show "Teletunes," then from 1996–1998 she hosted the San Francisco music video show Subculture.
She is the co-creator of VandalEyes (Googly Eye Art Movement) with Anne Wheaton.
- The Star Wars Craft Book – Amazon.com
- Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Amazon.com
- You Can Draw: Star Wars – Amazon.com
- Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change – Amazon.com
- Womanthology: Heroic – Amazon.com
- Womanthology: Space – Amazon.com
- "Never Threaten To Eat Your Co-Workers: Best of Blogs" – Amazon.com
- "Cool Trooper: The Star Wars Art of Nathan Cabrera" – Star Wars Insider 90
- "Star Wars Goes to School" – Star Wars Insider 90
- "Best of StarWars.com: Darren Hayes: Singing Star Wars' Praises" – Star Wars Insider 94
- "Best of StarWars.com: Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict An Intergalactic Riot" – Star Wars Insider 95
- "Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change"
- Booth, John.  Wired.com Girls Against Girls – Figuring It Out with Bonnie Burton. May 21, 2009
- Fraunfelder, Mark. Boing Boing .net Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change, by Bonnie Burton April 30, 2009
-  An Interview With Lucasfilm's Bonnie Burton
- Burton, Bonnie. Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change. ISBN 0-9790173-6-X.
- Bonnie Burton on IMDB
- Geek DIY Show hosted by Bonnie Burton
- Vaginal Fantasy Romance Book Show co-hosted by Bonnie Burton
- Bonnie Burton on Twitter
- Bonnie Burton articles on CNET
- VandalEyes Blog
- An Interview With Lucasfilm's Bonnie Burton