Invercargill, New Zealand
|Years active||2007 - present|
Bonnie Soper (born in Invercargill, New Zealand in 1984) is a New Zealand film and television actress.
A graduate of the Unitec School of Performing and Screen Arts, her theatre credits include, Auckland Theatre Company's 2007 play The Pillowman which she co-starred in with former and current Shortland Street actors Oliver Driver and Craig Parker.
In 2006, Bonnie scored a lead role in the New Zealand feature film The Devil Dared Me To, released in cinemas on 11 October 2007. In Arkles Entertainment's feature film The Map Reader, scheculed to be released in 2008 she will play a young blind woman. Other credits include the short film We The Living, commercials and a music video for New Zealand band Dimmer.
In 2007, she featured in New Zealand band Deja Voodoo's music video Tracey, a song from the soundtrack of her film debut The Devil Dared Me To. Bonnie has appeared in the music video The Night, performed by New Zealand band Goodnight Nurse, the video was released in Australia and New Zealand on 4 February 2008.
She is best known for her role of Morgan Braithwaite on New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street. Her first scenes were on the episode based on a day in the life of Joey Henderson the shortland street serial killer, which screened on 5 February 2008.
On 16 February 2008 Southland Times newspaper revealed that Bonnie's Shortland Street contract had been extended to three months after initially being contracted for three to six weeks. It was announced on 17 April 2008 that she will be returning to the show on 5 May. She appears on the 2008 cast photo. Bonnie is now a full-time cast member and is featured in the opening credits.
She is a keen swimmer, taking part in the Mount Maunganui Sovereign Sand To Surf in March 2009 and in the North Shore King of the Bays swim in April 2009. After leaving Shortland Street at the end of 2009, Bonnie now moved back to Invercargill.
- Müller Light (TV Commercial, 2010) - Girl in Car
- Shortland Street (TV, 2008–2009) - Morgan Braithwaite
- Breakfast (TV interview, 13 March 2007) - Herself
- The Map Reader (film, 2009) - Mary
- The Devil Dared Me To (film 2007) - Tracy Jones
- We The Living (short film)
- The Pillowman (August–October 2007) - The Mother
- Based on Auckland
- Tis Pity She's a Whore (April 2007) - Annabella
- Balm in Gilead
- La Morta Finta
- At the Bay
- Spring Awakening
- Spinning Tales
- Happy End
- Smythe, Nik (2 September 2007). "Theatre review: Grippingly grisly". The Sunday Star-Times. Archived from the original on 28 February 2008.
- Speer, Sophie (16 February 2008). "Ex-Invercargill actor gets more time on soap". The Southland Times. Archived from the original on 28 February 2008.
- Irvine, Ellen (22 March 2009). "Streeters make waves at the Mount". Sunday News. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009.
- Michael Hurst Now: Tis Pity She's a Whore (2007)