Bonny Eagle High School
|Bonny Eagle High School|
|Asst. Principal||Lori Napolitano, Erin Maguire, Kyle Hodgdon|
|Location||Standish, Maine, USA|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Colors||Green and White|
Bonny Eagle High School is a public high school located in Standish, Maine, United States. The school is a part of Maine School Administrative District 6, which serves the towns of Buxton (including Bar Mills), Hollis, Limington, Frye Island, and Standish (including Steep Falls).
Sports and interscholastic activities
Bonny Eagle is Class A in all sporting events. They have many varsity sports teams including Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor/Outdoor Track, Basketball, Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Swimming, Softball, Baseball and Tennis. The Scots have had a very strong sports record, most notably the Cross Country team who won 3 state titles in a row, Field Hockey, Basketball and Football teams. One consistently strong team is football. The program won four state championships in five years, capturing the Class A Maine State Championships in 2004, 2005, 2007, and 2008. The team was undefeated in the 2004 and 2007 seasons. Their most recent title win came in 2013 against an undefeated Cheverus team. Bonny Eagle also is home to many clubs and organizations, which a large portion of the student body is a part of. These activities include National Honor Society, Key club, Robotics Team, Outing Club, Kindness Team, GSTA Club, FACS, International Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, Newspaper, and various other activities.
- Jeff Neal — the drummer for the band Boston
- Mike Brown — Maine State Wrestling Champion (1992); Professional Mixed Martial Artist, former WEC Featherweight Champion, current UFC Featherweight
- Don Dodge — Developer Advocate at Google
- Alan Taylor, 2-time Pulitzer Prize winning historian
2009 national news
In 2009, the Maine School Administrative District #6 Superintendent Suzanne Lukas signally denied a graduating senior his diploma for bowing and blowing a kiss to his mother as he went up to the stage.
- "Mike Brown MMA Bio". Retrieved 2014.
- Steve Solloway (2008-11-12). "Yes, the king of the featherweights is a Mainer". The Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Mike Brown UFC Profile". Retrieved 2014.
- Routhier, Ray (April 15, 2014). "Historian from Maine repeats himself, wins second Pulitzer". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- "Maine student who blew kiss to mom denied diploma". Associated Press. Retrieved 2010-04-14.[dead link]
- http://www.wmtw.com/news/19807514/detail.html WMTW-TV of Portland, Maine