Bonnyville No. 87, Alberta
|Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87|
|Census division||No. 12|
|• Reeve||Ed Rondeau|
|• Governing body|
|• CAO||Ryan Poole|
|• Office location||Bonnyville|
|• Total||6,057.44 km2 (2,338.79 sq mi)|
|• Density||1.8/km2 (5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
The district was incorporated on Jan 01, 1955, through the merger of the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87, the Municipal District of Glendon No. 88 and part of Improvement District No. 101.
Communities and localities
The following Indian reserves are located within the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87:
As a census subdivision in the 2011 Census, Bonnyville No. 87 had a population of 11,191 living in 3,951 of its 4,349 total dwellings, a 9.8% change from its 2006 population of 10,194. This includes the population of two Métis settlements, Elizabeth (654) and Fishing Lake (436), located within the census subdivision that are municipalities independent of the Municipal District (M.D.) of Bonnyville No. 87. With a land area of 6,057.44 km2 (2,338.79 sq mi), it had a population density of 1.8/km2 (4.8/sq mi) in 2011. As a municipality in the 2011 Census, the M.D. of Bonnyville No. 87 had a population of 10,101 without the two Métis settlements.
Visible minorities and Aboriginals
The following is a breakdown of the visible minority and Aboriginal populations of the Bonnyville No. 87 census subdivision that includes the Elizabeth and Fishing Lake Métis settlements.
|Visible minority and Aboriginal population (Canada 2006 Census)|
|Population group||Population||% of total population|
|Visible minority group
|Visible minority, n.i.e.||0||0%|
|Multiple visible minority||0||0%|
|Total visible minority population||55||0.5%|
|Multiple Aboriginal identity||10||0.1%|
|Total Aboriginal population||1,815||17.8%|
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. April 18, 2014. Retrieved April 18, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Bonnyville Municipal profile - Alberta Municipal Affairs
- "Cold Lake, City (Census Subdivision), Alberta". Statistics Canada. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Alberta Municipal Affairs. December 28, 2012. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2006, Economic Regions: 4812004 - Bonnyville No. 87, geographical codes and localities, 2006". Statistics Canada. 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. April 11, 2012. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "2012 Municipal Affairs Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. November 22, 2012. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- No. 87&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=, Community Profiles from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- , Aboriginal Population Profile from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision